BASF Warehouse Logistics Coordinator in Amherst, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is responsible for performing all warehouse scheduling functions using the appropriate internal and external resources necessary to support our customers delivery needs. Maintain on-time shipments of orders, including both over the counter and fabricated type orders, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Responsible for Hazardous Materials Shipment rule compliance. This position is also involved in maintaining inventory record accuracy utilizing the Inventory Control Policy and Cycle Counting Policies.
· Control the proper scheduling of all outgoing products in an orderly manner through knowledge of shipping processes and procedures.
· Prepare Shipping Documents for LTL / FTL and Flatbed Deliveries.
· Work closely with Estimating, Sales and Customer Service groups providing estimates for shipping to support the quote process
· Develop and maintain relationships with carriers to work thru Shipping / Delivery issues / concerns.
· Accurately completing and submitting International Shipping Documents to the proper authorities for approval.
· Work with freight forwarders in coordinating that all required documents are submitted timely and approved prior to shipment.
· Complete all work in conformance with Company and Department ISO 9001-2008 policies, procedures, and work instructions.
· Utilize the CNC database to report complaints and potential non-conformances to support WBA continuous improvement efforts.
· Support and adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as described in the Corporate EH&S Employee Policy.
· Make “safety” a way of life and always a part of your individual actions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
· Must be proficient with various computer programs (Microsoft office).
· Knowledge of the ERP type systems a must
· Must be able to interact with shipping companies, truck drivers and warehouse personnel as required to maintain our customers’ expectations.
· Education: Must have a minimum of a 2 year degree OR a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position and a high school diploma or GED
· Must have experience in International Shipping Documents and terminology, IMDG / IATA Certified preferred.
· Lean six sigma (green belt minimum) certification preferred.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: Warehouse Logistics Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1701822