BASF Watson Bowman Acme - Project Manager - Amherst, NY in Amherst, New York
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
From designing to running a major production facility - the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. Especially when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale, many challenges have to be overcome. Always in focus: securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
We are seeking a Project Manager toplan, coordinate, and direct staff as required to ensure internal team members are proceeding with required tasks to maintain customer requirements.
Project Manager (1604009)
You will participate in creating internal project schedules that include in-process and completion milestones, and oversees planning and resource scheduling from a project level. Act as point of contact to external customers on assigned projects for all commercial matters including scope of work, changes, and invoicing. Work within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply the guidelines to specific situations. Extensive and effective communication with internal cross functional teams. The work requires knowledge of policies, procedures, use of project management tools, supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and general procedures.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Complete all work in conformance with Company and Department ISO 9001 policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Manage commercial activity on assigned projects, including assurance of proper and thorough review and execution of customer contract documents, creation and maintenance of internal project schedules to meet customer expectations, and on-going review of project status against established project costs.
- Initiate and maintain point of contact responsibility with external customers to facilitate project activity, successful achievement of milestones, and delivery of products and services to customer satisfaction.
- Work with contract administration staff to create, maintain, and improve as necessary, tools to verify all contracts are in conformance to corporate and company policies and procedures.
- Work with all relative departments to establish work in progress look-ahead schedule that includes, but is not limited to, engineering shop drawing time, anticipated authority review and approval time, procurement lead time, and general fabrication duration to meet customer requirements.
- Create reports to provide real-time status of all assigned projects to Senior Staff.
- Represent Company in customer led project meetings as required.
- Able to relate job performance to ISO objectives.
- Support and adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations.
- Ensures safety is the main priority within department and company.
- Needs to have or develop a thorough understanding of company and its mission.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Civil/Structural or Construction Management degree from an accredited two or four-year college or University.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing construction projects with demonstrated increase in responsibilities.
- Background in construction environment with emphasis on commercial or bridge construction, contract document review, and change order management and processing.
- Background in leading structured teams with demonstrated strong communication skills among internal staff, Contractors, Owners, Engineers, Architects, and third party vendors.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality management systems (9001) considered a plus.
- Working knowledge and ability to use computer software (i.e., Microsoft Suite) and project scheduling software.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: Watson Bowman Acme - Project Manager - Amherst, NY
Requisition ID: 1604009