BASF Watson Bowman Acme - Quality & Environmental Health Safety Specialist - Amherst, NY in Amherst, New York
At BASF We Create Chemistry for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. BASF is proud to be named #14 on Forbes "America's Best Employers" list.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As a Responsible Care®company, we value the health, safety and security of our employees, customers, suppliers, and neighbors as well as the protection of the environment. These beliefs are more than theory, they are paramount to the sustainable success of our business, and they are at the heart of everything that we do. That’s why we are constantly on the lookout for bright, ambitious team players to join our growing team and help us fulfill our commitment to superior EHS performance.
We are seeking a Quality/EHS Specialist to join our Watson Bowman Acme team. Watson Bowman Acme (WBA) is a leader with more than 65 years in the Expansion Control industry. If you’re looking for an exciting and fast-paced business environment on the cusp of global expansion, Watson Bowman Acme offers a tremendous opportunity to drive business strategy and develop the long-term growth plans. Watson Bowman Acme is a part of BASF Corporation, the world’s leading chemical company.
Quality / EHS Specialist (1603830)
You will lead quality control inspections and site-specific Environmental, Health, and Safety (“EHS”) activities designed to ensure accurate production of products, and adherence to corporate policies consistent with established standards. You will execute day-to-day inspections of in-process work and spot check of vendor supplied materials and products. Act as liaison with BASF corporate EHS specialists to ensure all requirements are implemented and maintained. Involved in activities designed to measure and improve the accuracy and effectiveness of the processes used in order execution and product manufacturing. Works within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply corporate guidelines to the site. The work requires knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations of quality control work, personnel policies, EHS, and general procedures.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Support and adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as described in the Environmental Health and Safety Rules and Regulations Employee Handbook as well as WBA specific safety guidelines and procedures. Make “safety” a way of life and always a part of your individual actions.
- Ensures safety is the main priority within department and company
- Needs to have or develop a thorough understanding of company and its mission.
- Develop statistical data and knowledge of product specifications to determine quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate quality control objectives with production procedures in cooperation with Quality Control Supervisor, associated staff, and Plant Superintendent to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Maintain and continuously suggest improvement to processes, and executes quality control and assurance audits of material and subcontract vendors as assigned to ensure company quality standards are achieved throughout the value chain.
- Ensure maintenance of all qualification records as it relates to WBA standard practice weld procedures and certified production workers.
- Manage and complete all tasks as delegated by the supervising authority.
- Lead and/or perform laboratory inspection and testing for rejected materials, including non-conformance creation, tracking, resolution, and trend analysis.
- Manage all work in conformance with Company, Department, and ISO 9001 policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Point of contact to corporate EHS specialists to understand requirements, implement all applicable requirements, and ensure appropriate staff are trained on new or revised procedures and policies.
- Provide continuous improvement of safety culture on site, and ensures every employee, contract employee, and contractors obey site safety and security policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to relate job performance to ISO objectives.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Minimum of an Associates’ degree from an accredited college required; higher level preferred. Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) credentials, a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality control duties with demonstrated increase in responsibilities.
- Background in manufacturing environment with emphasis on structural steel fabrication and welding considered a plus. Specific experience working with Bridge Sector State Departments of Transportation considered a plus.
- Background in EHS activities, including knowledge of legal requirements and application of corporate requirements into site-specific procedures and policies.
- Proven leadership and communication skills with internal staff and third party vendors. Experience in product inspections, creation through resolution of nonconformance of inspected in-process work or end products considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality management systems (9001), creation of procedures, work instructions, and other information necessary to create and maintain an ISO quality system.
- Working knowledge and ability to use standard computer software (i.e., Microsoft Office).
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: Watson Bowman Acme - Quality & Environmental Health Safety Specialist - Amherst, NY
Requisition ID: 1603830