BASF Exposure Reduction Process (Behavior Based Safety) Implementation Leader (Virtual location or BASF site) in Angleton, Texas
- Do you have a passion or an interest in developing and implementing Exposure Reduction Process activities?
- Are you an ambitious team player looking to join a growing team?
- Do you value the health, safety and security of employees, suppliers, customers, neighbors and the protection of the environment?
- Are you willing/able to travel 75%?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you…
At BASF, We Create Chemistry - and have been doing so for 150 years. As the world's leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection to oil and gas.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Further information on BASF is available on the internet athttp://www.basf.com/or in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com.
Now this is where you come in…
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Manufacturing at BASF consists of a diverse group of employees, including engineers, operators, technicians, chemists, craftsmen, logistics professionals, and support services who work collaboratively to drive product creation and implementation. From process analysis and optimization, to product production and material movements, plant design, plant construction, and the commissioning of major production facilities, Manufacturing at BASF calls for specialists with exceptional technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge. Efficiency, excellence, and safety of our manufacturing operations ultimately ensures that BASF products meet the needs of its customers.
We are seeking an Exposure Reduction Process Implementation Leader who will be primarily an internal consultant responsible for developing, launching and monitoring implementation of Exposure Reduction Process (ERP) activities at multiple locations.
Exposure Reduction Process Implementation Leader (1604139)
You will be the primary interface with BASF Sites to communicate and support and execute ERP strategic initiatives. You will work as a partner with the Sites to formulate a business plan and implementation strategy using both ERP technologies and locally developed programs.
You will be expected to deliver polished and highly effective presentations, facilitate training, field coaching and workshops to employees at all levels. While support will take several forms including phone/conference calls, virtual presentations, etc., a significant amount of time will be expected to be provided “hands-on” via on-site visits. You will provide updates, and share knowledge and insights, with other Implementation Leaders as well as their respective Site Leadership, Business Unit Leadership, Hub Manager and other leadership as necessary. This position can be virtual or located at any BASF site.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Ensure that Site and/or business needs are fully discussed and regularly meet with leadership to identify successes and challenges
- Mange project quality and be able to flex implementation schedule to meet site operational needs
- Conduct quality and customer satisfaction discussions to ensure implementation is driving the expected change
Raise any client excellence issues to the Program Manager
Conduct Culture Assessments at site level
Plan, set-up, and support survey implementation
- Conduct focus groups
- Interpret results and develop findings and recommendations
- Assist in development of a plan to share assessment results
- Develop an ERP Action Plan with Site leadership teams
Monitor plan progress and support site leaders in removing barriers and obstacles for achieving plan success and safety outcomes
Implement BBS technology at the site level
Develop a detailed site implementation plan including schedule, resources and measures of success
- Assist site leadership team in the development of a communication plan for the implementation
- Ensure that leaders understand ERP technology and recognize their role in a successful implementation
- Work with site leaders to identify strategy and areas of focus for leadership development
- Conduct leadership workshops and in-field coaching for site level leadership (managers/supervisors)
- Assist site in creation of a ERP steering team
- Train steering committee to implement ERP technology and provide on-going support
Conduct Sustainability Reviews for ERP Implementations and Safety Leadership skills
Management of Project
Manage all logistics of project including but not limited to materials ordering, scheduling of events, survey set up, etc.
- Ensure project stays on budget and on plan
- Quickly raise issues and concerns about an implementation to the Project Manager
- Complete monthly status reports and update process and safety metrics
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 6 years of working experience (EH&S, Operations, HR, Consulting or applicable disciplines) or an Associate’s degree with 8 years of working experience (EH&S, Operations, HR, Consulting or applicable disciplines) or 10 plus years of working experience (EH&S, Operations, HR, Consulting or applicable disciplines) with a High School diploma or equivalent. Degrees in Environmental Science, Human Resources, Business or related fields preferred
- Experience working in process manufacturing, chemical-related industry preferred
- Strong analytical, consultative and diagnostic skills
- Proven ability to plan and organize projects strongly preferred; outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated performance/experience training and coaching employees at all levels is desirable; demonstrated ability to drive change
- Must be willing/able to travel 75%
- Must possess strong interpersonal, relationship building, advocacy and buy-in skills, and driving sustainable solutions
- Knowledge of Access Database and experience implementing a Behavior Based Safety programs is a plus
Does this sound like the right job for you? Yes?
Then we would like to hear from you . . . please click "apply" to get the process started!
Our Talent Selection process flow:
- The resume review process will begin after the position is posted for 2 weeks and will continue until the position is filled.
- Candidates are selected based on the strength of a resume and of the requirements posted for the position.
- Selected candidates will be contacted via phone or email to be scheduled for interviews.
- On average, the recruitment process takes about 90 days from posting a position to extending an offer.
- Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every submission we receive. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: Exposure Reduction Process (Behavior Based Safety) Implementation Leader (Virtual location or BASF site)
Requisition ID: 1604139