BASF Operator III in Central, South Carolina
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens …
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships
- Integral part of the site safety culture. Responsible for maintaining certain areas of the plant from a safety and housekeeping perspective. Actively participates in site safety programs.
- Required to be learn and be proficient in all standard operating procedures that apply to the position.
- Follows product recipes to produce blended resin systems in multiple blend vessels. Must be knowledgeable of raw materials and the hazards, handling of those raw materials and knowledgeable of the process equipment.
- Uses interface screens to the process control system to charge exact quantities of chemicals per the product recipe, following step-by-step batch instructions, and take samples as required.
- Loads drums, totes, cylinders, and tank trucks with the finished product as required. Unloads raw materials via tank truck to bulk storage tank, tank truck to tote, and box vans of drums & totes.
- DOT and HazMat trained. Operator must be proficient in hazard communication and DOT/OSHA requirements for chemical transportation, storage, and handling.
Uses the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform all necessary job functions within the process. This includes, but is not limited to, a full face respirator with air filtration as a small part of the normal job tasks and a SCBA as part of the HAZWOPER team.
High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Two (2) year technical degree and/or previous chemical operations experience preferred
- Forklift license required
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Works on 8 hour rotating shifts Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required on off shifts or weekends depending on production needs.
Demonstrated Skills Required :
- Strong safety mindset and work practices
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, working with a high degree of accuracy
- Willing to be HAZWOPER responder trained
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations.
Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings
- Waste management activities - etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Operator III
Requisition ID: 1700092