BASF Lab Chemist – Formulation Additives in Charlotte, North Carolina
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
The Lab Chemist will be part of the Formulation Additives team and will be based in Charlotte, NC.
For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visithttp://www.basf.us/dpsolutions.
Lab Chemist, Formulation Additives (1700055)
You will be responsible for daily technical service activities for formulation additives supplied to the industrial, automotive, wood, print, packaging and adhesives industries. Tasks will include product comparisons and evaluations, demonstration of features and benefits of BASF products and responding to customer requests regarding formulation techniques.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Work within the team to support business activities.
- Analyze and interpret data and communicate results/recommendations through written reports and/or presentations.
- Initiate customer focused projects to demonstrate portfolio with emphasis on providing solutions to customers’ problems and collecting competitive data.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints.
- Work with manufacturing to investigate and help resolve product non-conformance events.
- Develop expertise with respect to the features and relative performance of formulation additives for various markets through extensive testing in the laboratory.
- Write/revise ISO documents to maintain and improve work instructions/SOPs.
- Actively participate in all BASF safety practices and programs.
- Demonstrate your customer focus and flexibility and willingness to work with a variety of teams on multiple levels, utilizing your problem-solving abilities.
- Utilize your excellent written and verbal skills in communicating with customers, team members, salespersons and managers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering. A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in coatings related fields
- Knowledge in coatings technology formulation and testing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a diverse team across various market segments and industry applications
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint and, especially Excel)
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Lab Chemist – Formulation Additives
Requisition ID: 1700055