BASF Technical Team Leader - Construction & Fiber Bonding in Charlotte, North Carolina
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Technical Team Leader (1603765) to be part of the Construction & Fiber Bonding Teamto support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America and to be based in Charlotte, NC.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing.We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers.With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
For more information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visit:http://www.basf.us/dpsolutions
Technical Team Leader (1603765)
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Team Leader is responsible for the management of Chemists and Technicians working in the Application Lab for an assigned industry or product line. You will direct lab resources by effectively executing lab projects. You will support market facing industries, and sub-industries, as well as the Strategic Business Units. You will interface primarily with the Technical Manager and Product Line and Application Specialists.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead and develops lab pool resources (establishes project plans, resources to C&FB Growth Team initiatives), ensures EH&S and ISO standards in the laboratory, and directs the team's efforts to effectively execute lab projects.
- Actively participate and maintain close communications including reporting of results and recommendations with line manager, Product Line / Application Experts, Technology & Development, Formulation Services Institute, and Marketing.
- Maintain knowledge of customer application testing in concert with Application Experts.
- Ensures direct reports are trained in application test methods and BASF product line in respective industry.
- Support prioritization of technical projects and customer requests and assigns project resources
- Support harmonization of processes and reporting systems
- Manage laboratory compliance in EH&S and ISO standards
Your Leadership Core Responsibilities will include:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support of development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Serve as role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF strategy
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor of Science in chemical engineering, chemistry or related field
- 5 years’ experience in one or more of the industries served by the Construction & Fiber Bonding organization.
- Application, formulation and product expertise in related industry
- Strong track record of leading, managing and training small teams or projects
- Experience managing complex project work load and Lab resources for projects.
- Project management experience is a plus.
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Technical Team Leader - Construction & Fiber Bonding
Requisition ID: 1603765