BASF I/E Technician - Chattanooga, TN in Chattanooga, Tennessee
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens…
The I / E Technician will be part of the Maintenance team and will be based in Chattanooga, TN and support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing.We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers.With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry. For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visithttp://www.basf.us/dpsolutions
As an I/E Technician, you will install, maintain, and troubleshoot site instrumentation, control systems, and electrical equipment in order to provide a safe operation with maximum production availability.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Follow all BASF corporate safety culture and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain instrumentation/electrical (I/E) components of chemical production processes
- Perform I/E preventative maintenance procedures and repairs.
- Utilize blueprints, schematics, manufacturer specifications and manuals to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Maintain and repair components on systems, such as PLCs, DCS, pressure/level/temperature transmitters, motors, electrical switchgear and control valves.
- Familiarity with general I/E maintenance practices, such as instrument selection and proper/safe use.
- Knowledge and experience using PCs, software, e-mail, etc.
- Follow site Quality, EHS, Legal Compliance policies and procedures.
- Requires 24-hour coverage to support operation, if needed.
- Ability to be mobile to work at either of the two BASF Chattanooga facilities when required.
- Follow SAP work flow process required for technician craft.
Successful candidate will be required to complete Industrial I/E Certificate with local community college within 2 years after hiring.
High School diploma or equivalent experience. BASF recognizes schools accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- Capability to perform basic mathematics, including fractions, decimal, and minor algebra.
- Prior SAP knowledge is preferred.
- Demonstrate competency of Microsoft Office products.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: I/E Technician - Chattanooga, TN
Requisition ID: 1700156