BASF Account Manager -West Texas, Global Oilfield Solutions in Dallas, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
BASF Global Oilfield Solutions is one of the major suppliers of chemicals to the Upstream Oil and Gas industry. We supply a wide range of performance chemicals to every application sector within oilfield: drilling, cementing, stimulation, production, and EOR. Our solutions act as enablers for our customers to achieve maximum results in their oilfield operations.
Account Manager (West Texas), Global Oilfield Solutions (1701567)
The position will be based in Midland / Odessa, TX with some responsibility for selected accounts based in Houston.
The Account Manager for the West Texas Territory is responsible for maintaining & growing profitable sales growth in $11-15 M sales territory within Global Oilfield Solutions. Customer base consists of Service Companies providing solutions in the applications of Drilling Fluids, Cementing, Stimulation and Oilfield Production Chemicals, as well as Formulators and Resellers servicing the same market.
Formula for Success: You Will...
· Develop and maintain customer relationships in regional locations, evaluation of business opportunities, development of specific customer value propositions and plans for implementation, selling value-added solutions
· Contribute to annual sales plan for the region; develop and implement account strategies to achieve sales and growth targets; develop and negotiate customer contracts as necessary
· Ensure regional sales activities are fully communicated through CRM system (Site /Visit reports, Contact documentation, Account plans, Opportunities/Threats, Leads, Sample follow-up, etc.)
· Provide forecasts of future customer demand and sales performance as required by supply chain, controlling, and business management
· Implement business and pricing strategies; manage customer receivables/overdues
· Gather market and customer insights and share information with Regional Marketing
· Monitor competitor activities and develop actions to prevent their market penetration
· Travel approximately 25% - 35%
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You...
·Bachelor’s degree in chemistry/chemical/petrochemical engineering or other related technical discipline
·A minimum of seven (7) years of oilfield experience, including 3 years of direct oil and gas services sales combined with extensive product/market knowledge
·Strong selling skills including lead identification and follow-up, ability to close, and negotiation and project management skills
·Proven ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional, matrixed organization to build organizational alignment and engagement
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with key decision-makers
· Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop and cultivate good working relationships with people in different disciplines and business division,s as well as with people from different cultural backgrounds, both internally and externally to BASF
· Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft-based programs
Travel approximately 25%-35%
· In-depth application knowledge of production and/or stimulation chemicals
· Clear understanding of BASF systems and processes
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Account Manager -West Texas, Global Oilfield Solutions
Requisition ID: 1701567