BASF Administrative Associate, Internal Audit in Florham Park, New Jersey
Are you looking to grow a career in Internal Audit?
Are you an ambitious team player with at least 2 years of experience in administrative support?
- Do you have analytical, event planning, and organizational skills and experiences?
- Are you willing/able to travel 25%?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you…
At BASF, We Create Chemistry - and have been doing so for 150 years. As the world's leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection to oil and gas.
Further information on BASF is available on the internet atwww.basf.comor in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com.
BASF has recently been recognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine. At BASF, our largest assets are our people and the chemistry they create is fundamental to BASF’s success. We welcome you to be part of our winning organization.
Now this is where you come in…
We are seeking an Administrative Associate to join our Internal Audit team.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Associate for Internal Audit performs executive assistant duties for the Audit Vice President and provides support to Americas' Internal Audit department staff located in Florham Park, New Jersey and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Audit responsibilities include items such as distribution of audit reports, audit report follow-up, assisting on audits (to include travel at 25%), downloading of electronic data, and performance of basic tests on data, filing and maintaining department electronic databases. In addition to Audit responsibilities professional will assist with all BASF Employee Political Action Committee (PAC) and Florham Park Site Safety Committee activities. Overall, this role is a strong contributor and partner to the success of the team.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Responsible for the final review and release of Audit Board Summary reports, which are distributed to the BASF AG, NA Executive Committee, and SA Executive Committee Boards and regional management and maintain the department database on all report activity. Resolves all questions from global colleagues on reports.
- Responsible for the Americas Audit department’s audit report follow-up process. Creates and sends electronic follow-up report (FUR) to the auditee and works with management and Audit Managers on issues. Manages activity of Administrative support professional in Sao Paulo, Brazil Audit office.
- Assist as a Staff Auditor on four to five audit engagements per year. Participate with the audit team in the planning, fieldwork and report development stages of the audit. Supervision to be provided by the applicable / responsible audit manager. Training to be acquired by attending external IIA courses on audit techniques.
- Department move coordinator responsible for Florham Park and virtual office activity. Attends all required training and update meetings. Orders and tracks all equipment (i.e. PC and related equipment, Cell Phones, etc.).
- Maintains electronic files for the department including - shared directory files, Auto Audit data base, “tickler file”, Audit schedule (“Project”), Knowledge database, department work papers, etc.
- Assists on confidential Hotline special project reviews as needed. Works as part of the investigative team.
- Department Procurement Card user / holder. Responsible for the ordering of all department office supplies.
BASF Employee Political Action Committee (PAC):
- Responsible for PAC administrative duties such as sending PAC information to potential new members and process all new member enrollment activity. For existing members, process all requested changes to existing withholding amounts. With all members, maintain required supporting documentation as required by federal law. mentation and related reports.
- Work as part of the event planning and execution team for all PAC events to include the local events, Annual Leadership event, and the Annual Meeting event.
- Organize the quarterly PAC Steering Committee meetings. Set location, send invitation, track attendance, distribute agenda and distribute meeting minutes. Support the PAC Chairman on preparation for the meetings (data gathering / statistics, etc.).
BASF Florham Park Site Safety Committee:
- Organize all Internal Audit required quarterly department safety meetings. Perform all department work station safety reviews and maintain required supporting documentation. Purchase / submit to applicable professionals all safety related equipment requests.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 2 years Administrative Support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, and Sharepoint)
- Analytical, event planning, time management and organizational abilities and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must have an ability to work effectively in a team environment with the capability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Must be open to travel (approximately 25%).
- An understanding of audit and legal terminology is preferred.
Job: ADSU - Admin. & Office Support
Organization: COA/N-Coporate Audit - Hub N.A.
Title: Administrative Associate, Internal Audit
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1700067