BASF Global Product Manager- Light Stabilizers (Plastic Additives); Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Global Product Manager, Light Stabilizers, to join our team.
Global Product Manager (1700089)
You will be responsible for the management of UVAs, Flame Retardants and other Plastic Additives globally and in North America, regionally. You will have full P&L accountability for the afore mentioned product main groups and will be tasked with defining related SBU (Light Stabilizers) and product strategies.
Formula for Success: You Will…
SBU Strategy Development
- Develop, implement and monitor the respective main-group/ product strategies in line with global SBU strategy. Define corrective measures where required
- Guide and challenge industry segment managers in development of industry segment strategies
- Guide and challenge account managers in development of customer strategies
- Support strategic projects in terms of commercial evaluation
- Price management
- Ensure volume and value growth according to the budget and long-term strategic plan
- Develop global price guidelines & landed cost development forecast
- Provide global limit and regional base price. Approve deviations of regional base price outside the defined bands
Global Optimization of Cost of Supply
- Define and optimize global product strategy (make to stock or make to order)
- Allocate and manage volumes in shortage periods as well as products under declaration of “force majeure”
- Monitor asset utilization and drive inventory optimization for assigned product group and respective production sites in all regions
- Define global co-manufacturing (make-or-buy) and tolling strategy for defined product range. Interact with tollers
- Manage product transitions from one site to another
- Support restructuring and investment projects for defined product range
Product portfolio management
- Analyze the respective portfolio, coordinate and initiate required actions, e.g. pruning
- Assure compliance (liaise with PS&R) and quality for the product portfolio (in framework of NCM and MOC process)
- Ensure consistent business case development of innovation projects
- Develop positioning of new products in light of the global portfolio strategy and re/position existing products in the portfolio. Approve product market introduction (with input from IPM)
- Define competitive positioning of current and new products in the portfolio
- Assure the product availability for the launch preparation of a new product
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BA/BS required.Preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or business related field. MBA preferred
- 5 years' industrial experience, thereof 3 years in Product Management, Marketing or other Business roles
- Good industry relevant (Plastics) knowledge desired
- Demonstrated leadership skill without functional or disciplinary direct reports. Able to manage multiple tasks / projects simultaneously.
- Highly proficient in process and project management
- Demonstrated competence in strategic thinking combined with strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Plastics Additives industry and market environment.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Global Product Manager- Light Stabilizers (Plastic Additives); Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1700089