BASF HR Communications Manager - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Human Resources professionals at BASF create chemistry with people. HR is working to form the best team by sourcing, hiring and developing the right talent for BASF. In addition to traditional responsibilities like governance, benefits administration, and payroll, HR at BASF serves as a strategic partner to the business, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time to help the Company grow. HR strives to make BASF an even better place to work by soliciting feedback, engaging employees, and shaping the culture through best-practice programs and practices.
Human Resources Communications Manager (1604031)
We are seeking a creative, influential and self-starting HR Communications Manager with strong written, oral and presentation skills to create, execute and deliver HR Communications strategy by generating personalized and compelling HR and employee communications to relevant communities inside and outside the company.
You will work in a fast-paced and challenging environment producing strong strategic, writing, multi-tasking and prioritization skills. You will interface with HR leadership team members and others within HR and throughout the organization to develop, execute and deliver HR communications that drive regional business priorities, personalize BASF and contribute to strong employer brand recognition. This includes generating message content that resonates across multiple audiences and communication vehicles, including current and future employees, social/ traditional media and recruitment channels, diverse communities, and university relations, while also working internally to increase awareness and appreciation of what it means to be an employee at BASF and how our employee engagement and culture differentiate us and make working here special.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Report to the Chief Diversity Officer/HR Communications, and will work closely with the HR Leadership Team as well as the Corporate Communications team to drive the successful implementation of BASF’s HR, talent and overall business growth strategies, and to enhance employee communication across BASF Corporation.
Serve as the HR voice, creating and delivering high-quality, strategically directed messaging on what differentiates the BASF employer brand inside and outside the company, developing the HR brand, and personalizing BASF and the employee experience. Elements of this include:
Serve as primary communications resource to key project teams and provide strategic support to HR priorities by developing robust communication / change management plans and executing them as appropriate.
- Ensure the successful and sustainable implementation of the BASF Employer Value proposition and compelling total offer through effective message development and deployment in collaboration with colleagues across HR.
- Own the HR intranet site as well as BASF Corporation’s public-facing Careers website with a focus on ensuring that all content is up-to-date, relevant and compelling.
- Manage a steady beat of relevant HR Communications materials delivered through relevant channels both within the regional HR organization as well as sharing the HR story and messaging with the 17,000 employees of BASF in the region.
- Work within the BASF One Voice policy to support HR-related media relations activities and position BASF as an employer of choice. This includes HR communication responsibilities as a member of BASF’s North American Crisis Support Team.
- Maintain overall responsibility for regular contributions of regional HR information to internal and external media including BASF Information , BASF NA Weekly , and BASF Today , as well as social media and other outlets.
- Lead the regional implementation of key employee surveys, including a global employee survey and major external benchmark survey, and coordinate the analysis, interpretation, and communication of results.
- Coordinate with the Project One HR Change Management and Communications team and Staff to SVP HR on delivering content that supports the HR Transformation and restructuring of Project One HR, and helping to create an environment that supports HR teamwork and collaboration in the new model.
Creating Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We not only provide value to our customers, but to you as well. Through you@BASF , our total offer, you can discover and take advantage of the benefits, perks and other opportunities that best suit you and your family’s needs, no matter where you are in your career.
The “Total Rewards” that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. In addition to your base salary and incentive program, you receive a competitive array of health and insurance benefit choices that typically represent a significant portion of your overall compensation. You also have retirement benefits that include competitive company-matching contributions to help you save for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of, and much more.
We believe that learning never stops. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills, build your network, and expand your knowledge of the many industries we serve.
Finally, we know that life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
NOTE: Not all positions are eligible for cross-regional relocation/work authorization. Cross regional is defined as movement between countries (i.e., Canada to US).
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism required; Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
- 6-10 years of professional corporate communication and/or HR communications and/or agency experience, preferably with a focus on HR/employee engagement. Strong and demonstrated written communication skills a must, with comfort in a fast-paced environment. Additional relevant experience in media relations, marketing communications and/or business will be considered.
- Self -starter with clear desire and aptitude to own and manage a broad variety of projects of varying degrees of complexity and urgency.
- Exceptional and demonstrable writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills required, including the ability to counsel peers as well as senior management on a range of communication needs.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, prioritize and shape information for varied audiences, as well as a strong sense of creativity.
- Demonstrated success in getting results in a matrix organizational structure; experience on international teams or in global organizations a plus.
- Proven experience and proficiency in the following technical areas: Microsoft-based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, SharePoint and Instagram); and content management systems (e.g. Adobe CQ5) (a plus, not required).BASFRS
Job: HRES - Human Resources
Organization: NTH-Human Resources
Title: HR Communications Manager - Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1604031