BASF Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Plastic Additives; Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis for our Plastic Additives Business Unit. Our business unit is the leading manufacturer, supplier and innovation partner of additives for the plastic industry, including light stabilizers, antioxidants, process stabilizers, flame retardants and polymer modifiers.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis holds an important role in the Controlling organization for the Americas Plastic Additives Business. The role supports the business unit with respective financial transparency and guidance and is pivotal in ensuring a proper budgeting, forecasting and reporting process.
Manager Financial Planning & Analysis, Plastic Additives (1700057)
You will serve as the financial business partner for all parts of the business including Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations. In addition, you will be a frequent contact to controlling counterparts in Europe, Asia and South America is necessary. You will be responsible for two financial analysts and will develop, challenge and coach your team members. Additionally, highly analytical capabilities, strong communication and influencing skills are required to be successful as you will be under limited supervision. You will report to the Director Controlling.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Analyze and consolidate, and manage reporting of all NA Plastic Additives activities. Scope of business $300m Sales to 3rdparties with two major production sites in North America.
- Support the Controller and Business team on monitoring actual performance against operating plan and forecast, highlighting potential problem areas requiring management attention as well as making recommendations for solutions.
- Provide operational and strategic analysis, including economic analysissupport to the Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing organization.
- Act as an integral member of the Plastic Additive business with an expectation to openly speak your mind regarding business ideas, proposals & strategies beyond the bounds of the function.
- Proactively challenge the management team to ensure forecasts and plans are fully vetted and take into account both the short term and long term impact of business topics / issues.
- Serve as a change agent within the Business Unit to proactively identify and implement opportunities for key process efficiencies to improve the overall business/financial operations.
- Other ad-hoc analysis to support needs of the business or Controlling team requests.
- Provide coaching and general direction for two financial analysts.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, accounting or quantitative methods and an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial position that includes Excel-based data analysis and focused attention to detail. Examples of relevant experience: internal audit, sales price/volume/mix analysis, general ledger account analysis, cost center spending analysis or cost accounting/product cost analysis
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- Must be able to interpret various types of financial information to present to management.
- Must be experienced in economic evaluations.
- PC skills, especially Microsoft office required. Experience with SAP is required. Experience with Global BASF analysis tools required for internal applicants
- Leadership experience is required; supervisory experience is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: CONT - Controlling
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Plastic Additives; Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1700057