BASF Margin Manager (Product Manager); Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available at:www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
Margin Manager (Product Manager) Personal Care Polymers
The Margin Manager (Product Manager) of Polymer products for Personal Care in NA will primarily focus on driving revenue and profit growth. Success is measured by effective business management of the existing product line and implementation of a profitable growth strategy in NA. This position has overall responsibility for P & L of assigned product groups for NA region.
- Responsible for the margin management of the assigned product line for NA
- Ownership of pricing and overall pricing process
- Cost and complexity optimization of related product group
- Customer bids
- Business planning and financial forecasting
- Initiates activities to reduce costs from the system, including overall supply chain optimization
- Responsible for product portfolio strategy, business retention & growth
- Coordinates growth projects cross-business functions and/or divisions.
- Customer – 3rdparty agreements
- Tollers and / or Suppliers
Product Group Strategy
- Lead product group strategy for NA and support the Global SBU strategy
- Monitors competitive landscape and define actions to gain profitable market share
- Interacts with Marketing to identify unmet needs per market segments
- Leads global initiatives as required including global product harmonization, global product quality, minimum margins, product rationalization, etc.
- Supports Marketing in set up systems for new product introductions
- Actively participates and decides on product related topics on supply chain, planning, quality, regulatory, product allocation, etc.
- Value chain optimization and capital projects
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, reporting and communication skills plus business acumen are required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in commercial / business roles such as sales, marketing, product management, or procurement.
- Knowledge of pricing & planning processes and techniques, business planning methodology is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multitask environment while maintaining effective prioritization.
- In-depth understanding of value chains desired.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation desired.
- Experience in working in complex, interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Margin Manager (Product Manager); Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1604234