BASF Non Conformance Management Lead; Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available at:www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
Non Conformance Management Lead (1604214)
You will provide leadership to drive improvement to successfully exceed our customer expectations. You will also measure and analyze trends to continually improve: product quality in manufacturing and service to our customers. This includes developing quality system KPI metrics, identifying what quality systems and processes need to be improved or implemented, and ensuring customer feedback is acted upon. You will work across all sites and functional groups of the Care Chemicals organization to implement initiatives needed to drive continuous improvement, and be able to communicate and train on our systems, capabilities and philosophies.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead and drive improvement with the Non-Conformance Management process across Care Chemicals
- Act as the primary contact for SAP/QM NCM
- Serve as the Business Expert of the NCM process in Care Chemicals to increase the quality and effectiveness of the SAP/QM NCM systems
- Establish and complete training for users in the NCM process.
- Maintain the Quality Assurance and Quality Management Systems Functions for Care Chemicals in North America related to Non-Conformance Management.
- Measure and analyze trends, verify effectiveness, and manage quality activities to continually improve and ensure effective use of SAP QM module Non-Conformance Management, Cost of Poor Quality, and related quality objectives.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We not only provide value to our customers, but to you as well. Through you@BASF, our total offer, you can discover and take advantage of the benefits, perks and other opportunities that best suit you and your family’s needs, no matter where you are in your career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The “Total Rewards” that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. In addition to your base salary and incentive program, you receive a competitive array of health and insurance benefits that typically represent a significant portion of your overall compensation. You also have retirement benefits that include generous company-matching contributions to help you save for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of, and much more.
What’s more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 7 years of experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry. Preferably a focus on driving improvement in Procurement, Manufacturing, EHS, Product Management, Quality.
- Strong understanding of statistical processes, quality control principals, and Root Cause Analysis highly preferred
- Good working knowledge of chemistry and processes with a strong proficiency in basic statistical and experimental techniques preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 requirements, nonconformance management, and Corrective and Preventive action preferred
- Ability to work with entire organization to ensure documentation, implementation, compliance, effectiveness and analysis of all critical processes
- Superior communication skills and ability to drive improvement required
- Lean Six-Sigma knowledge or certification preferred. Internal audit experience highly desirable
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Non Conformance Management Lead; Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1604214