BASF Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain and Logistics Center of Expertise - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain and Logistics Center of Expertise is one of the leaders of the Global Center of Expertise for administrative and physical logistics with functional governance for all Supply Chain services provide by GS. This CoE is responsible for harmonizing, improving, and leveraging our service capabilities in all regions by working with, influencing and challenging our current service operations. They will do this by reviewing capabilities, performance, and service content in each region while also validating these aspects with external market providers. Via this process they will be setting best practices and defining the strategic roadmap for the service operations groups.
Formula for success. You will…..
- Lead a global unit, including accountability for budget, cost center and personnel, resource and project management with strategic development of these areas and secure and provide the required expertise with focus on functional excellence
- Identify opportunities for improvement for end-to-end processes in the area of SCO and SLO
- Accountable for the creation of global guidelines, business rules, best practices, templates and trainings in the functional area of responsibility
- Support of the service operations the regional functional organization (NA, A/P, EU and SA) as well as global units with compliance issues, optimization and investment projects with the target to realize safety, business growth, savings and cost avoidance. Leading role if required.
- Create global transparency about activities/initiatives in the functional area of responsibility. Evaluate and prioritize measures as well as ensure the harmonization of local/regional activities with sites, regions and the BASF/GS strategy. Foster the global and cross functional collaboration across regional operations. Capture requirements and need for change at the interfaces to BASF customers, business units, external logistics service providers, procurement and shared services.
- Interface and coordinating partner for GSB, GSP and the business process councils. Ensure that functional requirements are considered for the process development and process strategies and that the relevant IS- and SC projects are prioritized as necessary.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Services, creating world class services. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to Supply Chain Management and Logistics Services by region. Develop strategic roadmaps to internal and client business needs are met for their service areas..
- Ensure alignment with other SC services to insure end-to-end optimization for areas where his service link to others GS services (ex: Requisitioning could impact purchase-to-pay process)
This position requires 25% global travel.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
What we look for in you...
- Bachelor Degree required in Business, Supply Chain Operations or Logistics related field required.
- Master’s Degree or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 12 years of combined work experience in Supply Chain processes, operations, and/or a logistics related field required
- Experience managing others directly required
- Proven experience interfacing/project management within a global environment and various management/stakeholders preferred
- Experience directly managing/developing/coaching others in a global matrix organization preferred.
- Experience indirectly managing/influencing stakeholders and projects in a global environment preferred
- International work experience preferred
- Ability to independently work and travel globally as required
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: (NT)-Regional Functions North America
Title: Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain and Logistics Center of Expertise - Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1700068