BASF Supply Chain Planner - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Planner to work in our Florham Park, NJ, North American Headquarters.
Supply Chain Planner (1604241)
You will manage the supply planning and inventory management of imported products for the Chemical Intermediates division in North America. You will collaborate with Customer Care, Corporate Logistics, Product Management, and Global Source partners.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Manage supply and inventory balance for a portfolio of approximately 80 imported products
- Replenish products using netted demand in support of inventory targets, customer service goals.by:monitoring orders & stock status, utilizing MRP exception messages in SAP ensuring products are available to support business plan
- Interact dailywith Customer Care regarding available to promise and backorders to provide high customer service levels
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand/supply imbalances working with Product Management and Global Supply partners
- Manage inventory levels throughout the Supply Chain, consistent with SBU targets, including managing slow moving or dysfunctional inventory and pursuing disposition
- Manage master data in SAP, including purchasing agreements, ATP, article extensions, etc.
- Support the CIN Sales & Operations Planning by organizing relevant data, updating KPI's and participating in the monthly meetings by representing the supply planning function
- Customer visits with Sales to identify improvement opportunities and drive new business
- Collaborate with GS organization and management to continuously improve the global material flow process
- May be responsible for Master Production Planning for one or more regional production plants depending on experience of selected candidate
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
- 2 years of experience in supply chain or a related field
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management concepts
- Working knowledge SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong analytical thinking capability, proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
You May Also Have…
- Working knowledge of APO
- APICS Certified or willing to pursue certification
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: N-CIN-Intermediates North America
Title: Supply Chain Planner - Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1604241