BASF Supply Chain Planner II - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join our Care Chemical division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry supporting our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available atwww.care-chemicals.basf.com.
Supply Chain Planner (1603597)
You will manage all processes and systems used for supply management which includes order execution (import and/or domestically produced), management of inventory, inventory disposition strategies, KPI performance, master data management as it relates to materials management and planning, identification and resolution of demand/supply imbalances, and being a key contributor to the S&OP process. You will collaborate with Customer Care, Logistics, Procurement, Product Management, and Global Source partners.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Manage supply and inventory balance for assigned product portfolio
- Replenish products using netted demand in support of inventory targets, customer service goals.
- Monitor orders, stock status, and MRP exception messages in SAP ensuring products are available to support business plan.
- Interface with Customer Care regarding available to promise and backorders.
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand/supply imbalances working with Product Management and Global Supply partners (or Procurement, if applicable).
- Manage inventory levels throughout the Supply Chain, consistent with SBU targets
- Identify and manage Dysfunctional inventories. Recommends and pursues appropriate disposition.
- Manage master data in SAP, including purchasing agreements, ATP, article extensions, etc.
- Lead Sales and Operations Planning - actively support the S&OP planning process by organizing relevant data, updating KPIs and participating in the monthly meetings by representing the supply planning function.
Create your own chemistry: what we offer you…
We not only provide value to our customers, but to you as well. Through you@BASF, our total offer, you can discover and take advantage of the benefits, perks and other opportunities that best suit you and your family’s needs, no matter where you are in your career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The “Total Rewards” that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. In addition to your base salary and incentive program, you receive a competitive array of health and insurance benefits that typically represent a significant portion of your overall compensation. You also have retirement benefits that include generous company-matching contributions to help you save for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of, and much more.
What’s more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Don’t just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BA/BS degree required with 2 years of experience required in Supply Chain related field (Customer Care, Supply Chain, Product Management, Project Management, Procurement, Operations, and Production).
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management concepts required
- APICS CPIM or CSCP preferred.
- Working knowledge SAP highly desired.
- Execution-oriented combined with strong problem solving skills and business acumen.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical thinking capability, proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Supply Chain Planner II - Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1700052