BASF Transportation Management System Support Specialist - Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
• Are you an experienced transportation/logistics professional?
• Do you enjoy consistently looking for improvements in existing processes?
• Are able to work well independently, as well as, in a team environment?
• Do you have SAP or similar ERP system software experience?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you…
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking candidates for a Transportation Management System Support Specialist to ensure ongoing accuracy and ownership of SAP freight cost documents and act as a liaison between Supply Chain Operations and Transportation Procurement to ensure ongoing communication of rate errors. (Goal is to sustain ninety to ninety-five percent rating accuracy depending upon mode).
Transportation Management System Support Specialist (1604142) – Florham Park, NJ
You will become a member of the freight payment team, reporting into Transportation Management, with regional responsibility. You will work closely with Import/Export, Transportation Management, Business Unit Logistics, and Procurement functions and also be responsible for overseeing Freight Damage claims including 3PL vendor relationship.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Weekly post and reconcile 3 freight payment files from 3rd party payment provider adhering to a strict weekly deadline. This includes corrections in SAP to ensure accurate posting of files.
- Perform daily analysis of standard SAP rating report, comparing SAP freight Accruals to 3rd party accruals and payments. Investigate root cause of discrepancies, perform remediation and communicate to upstream users, (including Procurement, Command Center, Customer Care and BU planners).
- Manage the Freight Damage claim process, including overseeing 3rdparty vendor responsible for filing all claims. Act as point of contact for Business Groups, Carriers, 3PL, and Global Insurance.
- Manage carrier invoice exceptions for predefined modes of transportation, including assisting carriers, BU planners, and procurement.
- Coach internal and external customers in support of data integrity and related processes, resulting in increased accuracy of freight accruals and payments.
- Maintain ownership of freight cost documents. Act as a point of contact for the BASF user community for updating/changing/deleting freight cost documents as required due to changes in shipments.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
- Associate degree required in Finance, Logistics, Accounting or Business with 5 years of working experience related to finance, transportation/logistics and/or freight costing and/or carrier contracts and conflict resolution or equivalent finance experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Logistics, Accounting, or Business with 3 years of working experience related to finance, transportation/logistics and/or freight costing and/or carrier contracts and conflict resolution or equivalent finance experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Customer Service OR Material Planning preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system software processes required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, knowledge of other Microsoft office software desired.
- Must work well on cross functional teams and with all levels of management.
- Ability to perform a root cause analysis and remediation desired;Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical experience and attention to details.
Job: CONT - Controlling
Organization: N-FFN Finance North America
Title: Transportation Management System Support Specialist - Florham Park, NJ
Location: NJ-Florham Park
Requisition ID: 1604142