BASF EHS Specialist Sr I Freeport TX in Freeport, Texas
- Do you value the health, safety and security of employees, suppliers, customers, neighbors and the protection of the environment?
- Are you an ambitious team player looking to join a growing team and help fulfill BASF's commitment to superior EHS performance?
- Do you have experience in PHA’s and incident investigations?
- Are you passionate about working in a dynamic manufacturing environment?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you…
We are BASF,the world’s leading chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions. BASF Corporation has over 17,000 employees in North America with sales of over $19.4 billion in 2013. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection to oil and gas. As a reliable partner, BASF creates chemistry to help its customers in virtually all industries to be more successful.
Further information on BASF is available on the internet at www.basf.com or in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com
Now this is where you come in…
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Senior Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist I to join the Freeport, Texas Hub EHS team to provide effective, safe, and environmentally acceptable operations.
Senior EHS Specialist I (1604148) – Freeport, TX
You will provide technical support for Process Safety, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, compliance activities as needed through a shared services concept. You will be the primary support for the Freeport site and secondary support for all Texas HUB sites.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Assist in EHS training programs as it pertains to technician training programs for operations and maintenance, new employees, and all members on changes made to existing EHS requirements.
- Provide EHS expertise to work on EHS hub related activities for the Texas Hub.
- Manage development of EHS Programs at various levels of the organization and will require an ability to function effectively in crisis and emergency response situations.
- Manage accident/incident investigation, mitigation and reporting at the Freeport Site.
- Follow and enforce OSHA and NFPA rules and recommendations.
- Experience in confined space entry, hot work, lock-tag-try, and line breaking considered a plus.
- Perform Safety Audits as needed.
- Develop effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community to drive continuous improvement in safety/industrial hygiene performance.
- Support Emergency Response Operations for the Freeport, including on call emergency response.
- Support Site specific safety standards
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Engineering, Safety, Chemistry or related field(s) preferred; plus, a minimum of 3 years of experience in EHS and/or Operations within the manufacturing industry OR an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience in EHS and/or Operations within the manufacturing industry OR high school diploma plus 10 or more years of experience in the safety field or process operations in manufacturing industry
- Experience with OSIH and Process Safety desired.
- Proven experience driving EHS initiatives preferred.
- Experience in Process Hazard Analysis and Emergency Response desired.
- Incident investigations and root cause analysis experience a plus
- Strong prioritization and work management skills are needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work with employees and contractors within all levels of the organization; strong team working ability.
Does this sound like the right job for you? Yes?
Then we would like to hear from you…
Please click “apply” to get the process started.
Our Talent Selection process flow:
- The resume review process will begin after the position is posted for 2 weeks and will continue until the position is filled.
- Candidates are selected based on the strength of a resume and of the requirements posted for the position.
- Selected candidates will be contacted via phone or email to be scheduled for interviews.
- On average, the recruitment process takes about 90 days from posting a position to extending an offer.
- Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every submission we receive. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: EHS Specialist Sr I Freeport TX
Requisition ID: 1604148