BASF Shift Supervisor, Production in Freeport, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you.
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF is " The Chemical Company" focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Freeport Site and we're working hard to build our Production Management team.
This is where you come in.
Shift Supervisor- Freeport
Reporting to the Production Execution Manager, supervises work activities of shift Production Technicians. Primary focus of the Shift Supervisor is to lead the shift team to maintain a safe, compliant, and reliable plant that delivers the needs of the business .
· Lead Shift worker activities in observance of safe work practices, compliance, quality assurance, production targets, and housekeeping
· Lead, support, and participate in the MOC process
· Direct activities of shift worker in the event of incidents or plant emergencies
· Serve as incident commander as required
· Direct equipment and process adjustments as needed based on key unit performance indicators
· Ensure procedure usage and supports procedure updates
· Performance management of shift team employees
· Provide input to strategic support team for plant ideas and improvements
· Lead and Participate in reliability reviews and root cause failure analysis
· Lead and Participate in hands on training and assessments of shift workers
· Identify gaps and Provide input to the learning and development teams for
specific shift developmental needs
· Drive continuous improvement and completion of tasks as assigned to shift worker
· Provide continuous performance management to ensure that plant optimization targets are being met
· Ensure equipment preparation and readiness for maintenance
· Perform production technician duties as needed on shift
· Maintain necessary training and qualifications
· Leads and participates in unit production and safety meetings
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for safe and reliable operations in support of EHS, Production, and Maintenance activities that occur on a shift by providing leadership to personnel, by optimizing production and processes, and providing performance management to develop a high performance team.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Operations of a Chemical Plant and Plant Operations
Strong leadership skills required to direct technicians to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost effective manner.
Strong coaching skills required to develop Production Technicians in the understanding of the chemical plant operation and to grow their understanding of technical and business issues.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with all levels of the organization, including
Strong technical problem solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that effect plant performance.
Board and outside experience in technology strongly preferred
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CPN-Petrochemicals North America
Title: Shift Supervisor, Production
Requisition ID: 1604256