BASF I&E Asset Engineer in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
We Create Chemistry…
From designing to running a major production facility - the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. Especially when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale, many challenges have to be overcome. Always in focus: securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
We are seeking an I&E Asset Engineer to join our Chemical Monomers group. The Chemical Monomers group offers a comprehensive portfolio of organic and inorganic basis materials and innovative specialties. With our monomers and basic polymers, we create durable links - for the success of our customers worldwide.
The Chemical Monomers group has an opportunity for an I&E Asset Engineer in the MDI/Aniline department located at the BASF Geismar, LA location.
I/E Asset Engineer (1604274)
You will lead the instrument and electrical asset management in the assigned value chain in order to maximize profitability and ensure safety. This function’s primarily responsible for providing plant specific I&E engineering expertise to the operations organization to optimize asset utilization and performance. Further this position assists in developing asset strategies and analyzes and executes them to drive overall asset reliability improvements. The function is also to monitor for proper design, installation, and repair of I&E equipment and DCS systems according to regulatory and BASF standards.Provide technical leadership and oversight to I & E services, such as Grounding and Bonding and Thermography, PDMA testing (motor diagnostic testing), CMMS, Control Systems (DCS, SIS), and Advanced Process Control systems.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Collaborate with operations personnel in troubleshooting problems from an I&E perspective and provides guidance and training as appropriate to promote proper operation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Maintain and improve plant reliability through identifying/correcting operational reliability opportunities.
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Reliability groups to identify and correct bad actors, drive root cause failure analysis, meet mechanical integrity requirements, and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Develop I&E asset strategy with Asset Manager to minimize total cost of ownership for all I&E assets.
- Provide input to preparing the maintenance budget, and controls spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
- Provide expertise for turnarounds from an I&E operations perspective. Helps to set strategies, schedules, objectives, manage scope and operational services as requested by Asset Outage Specialist.
- Develop and monitor key asset performance indicators, and supports and implements continuous improvements in order to enhance plant availability and reduce overall costs within assigned area.
- Accountable for the various elements of the asset management program: including equipment and inspections, risk based management, capital strategy, spare parts availability, critical equipment list, and similar activities as assigned.
- Accountable for documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and BASF requirements utilizing other functional groups as applicable. Also, maintains current requirements as to equipment/materials specifications, contracting strategies, and vendor preferences.
- Define scope creation, justification, model reviews and installation windows for new installations to all physical assets and develops business plans with Asset Manager for investment strategy within asset base
- Seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promotes a safe working environment.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to I&E services, such as Grounding and Bonding and Thermography, PDMA testing (motor diagnostic testing), CMMS, Control Systems (DCS, SIS), and Advanced Process Control systems.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline and a minimum 8 years of industrial experience regarding instrument and electrical, chemical plant design, maintenance, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of plant technology a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong background in Distributed Control Systems and Safety Instrumented Systems preferred.
- Understanding of best industry practices regarding maintenance and reliability activities and work processes.
- Technicalknowledge of I&E equipment repair, project execution, and construction and installation techniques.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CMN-Monomers NA
Title: I&E Asset Engineer
Requisition ID: 1604274