BASF Laboratory Supervisor - Surfactants in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Across the world, more than 10,000 R&D professionals work in different specialties at around 70 research sites. Beyond our own cutting edge facilities and instrumentation, our scientists benefit from cooperative partnerships with more than 600 leading universities, research institutes and other companies. All sharing a common goal: to create chemistry for a sustainable future.
We are seeking a Lab Supervisor to lead the Surfactants Laboratory at our Geismar, LA site.
Lab Supervisor (1604268)
You will report to the Team Lead and support a cGMP and non-cGMP manufacturing facility by ensuring that the laboratory’s organization adheres to all EHS, quality, and cGMP protocols. You will ensure all personnel are trained in all relevant cGMP and non-cGMP procedures. You will ensure the proper manning is in place on a day to day basis to support all manufacturing facilities. You will play a vital part in serving as a liaison between operations and laboratory. This is a working lab supervisor role, where hands on time with instrumentation is required.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop goals for staff and execution teams which support department objectives.
- Drive implementation, monitor effectiveness, and take necessary actions to meet objectives.
- Provide coaching and direction to ensure that the team successfully meet targets.
- Perform quality checks of executed work and utilize continuous feedback. Monitor and track team efficiency and quality of work.
- Drive the use of LEAN manufacturing tools to identify waste and drive continuous improvement to enhance the overall work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency. Share with other areas and communicate lessons learned. Ensure consistent use of best practices with team. Will play a key role in reinforcing the SQC program by taking part in physically training the laboratory technician organization and continuously reinforcing the training.
- Coach and develop personnel into high performance teams that exemplify the culture and behaviors required by BASF.
- Work with customer base to identify work priorities for laboratory technicians in the cGMP and non-cGMP organization.
- Ensure laboratory technicians are up to date on training and engages with Learning and Development Coordinator to continuously reinforce the training program and is instrumental is the development of new training modules.
- Participate as key player in Out of Specification investigations associated with the cGMP environment.
- Continuously present in the laboratory to support the laboratory technician organization by providing on the spot troubleshooting support, and from time to time, performing analytical methods to support the organization.
- Engage Laboratory Instrument Service group to quickly address instrument failures.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or other related technical discipline and a minimum 4 years of chemical manufacturing/laboratory experience OR High School Diploma/Equivalent and minimum 8 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing/laboratory required.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven wet chemistry laboratory experience is required.
- Exposure to a cGMP laboratory involved with supporting an API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) and/or excipient manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Good Documentation Practices and ICH Q7 is preferred.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the following instrumentation is strongly preferred: GC, HPLC, KF Titration, Viscometry, and ICP-MS. Specifically, knowing how to troubleshoot such instrumentation is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SPC/SQC is strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical Thinking, Coaching, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Leading Employees to Success, Entrepreneurial Actions, Influencing & Impact, Leading, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Striving for Achievement, Work Management.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: NCG-Geismar Site
Title: Laboratory Supervisor - Surfactants
Requisition ID: 1604268