BASF Logistics Manager- Geismar, LA in Geismar, Louisiana
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
This position is a member of the Surfactants Operations Team and is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of the solidification operations, packaging, warehouse, and internal logistics for the Geismar Surfactants Plant, including coordination with all related service platform functions. This is to be accomplished within the department’s budget and meet predetermined goals and objectives, all while operating within the framework of the union/management contract.
· Provide managerial oversight for surfactants prilling, packaging, warehouse, and bulk operations to ensure all processes are optimized to meet unit and business goals.
· Establish strategic goals and objectives for the logistic team to ensure continuous improvement.
· Responsible for maintaining compliance with cGMP and regulatory requirements within logistics team.
· Responsible for all packaged inventory management, both raw material and finished products, cycle counting, adjustments, and all necessary investigations
· Support development and execution of capital projects within areas of responsibility.
· Responsible to coordinate with business team, site and corporate functions to execute agreed upon strategic plans to meet or exceed goals.
· Ensure proper training and personal development opportunities are identified and conducted for all Logistics personnel to improve, safety, productivity and efficiency.
· Identify, promote and implement continuous processes improvements to enhance productivity, cut cost and increase customer satisfaction.
· Create and ensure meaningful KPI’s for on time shipping, inventory accuracy and non-conformances are developed and maintained to measure performance and promote process improvements together with the unit and EM global technology teams.
· Ensure the surfactants logistic team is actively involved in improving and maintaining EHS systems and processes that ensure a safe and clean working environment.
· Act as primary contact to BASF corporate and Geismar site services, vendors and service providers to resolve any Logistics related problems or issues. Also work with these external sources to seek opportunities for improvement.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
BS degree in technical field is required (engineering or chemistry is preferred)
Minimum Three years operational and supply chain experience – experience in material handling preferred
Leadership experience is required. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Must acquire detailed understanding of overall plant manufacturing, supply chain processes and develop operational understanding of related technical systems that support cGMP and ERP processes.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
The ability to effectively communicate and present information to a wide variety of groups including, subordinates, peers, upper management and outside contacts.
Must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of EHS best practices, regulations and standards and the ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
Must demonstrate the ability to lead and develop team members utilizing information exchange, standards, goal setting, and coaching.
Requires the ability to solve practical problems, perform root cause analysis and use factual information to apply effective corrective actions.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Logistics Manager- Geismar, LA
Requisition ID: 1701317