BASF Maintenance Gatekeeper - Polyol in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Performance Materials group has an opportunity for a Maintenance Gatekeeper in our Geismar, LA location.
Maintenance Gatekeeper, Polyol 1700167
You will report to the Asset Manager and will provide leadership and direction for the execution of the asset strategies for assigned area. You serve as the decision maker and priority setting authority for Maintenance and Production to drive the achievement of Business Requirements via asset optimization through processes for routine, emergency, and break-in work, including scheduling, backlog management and validating quality and execution efficiency.
Additionally, you will analyze maintenance spending against plan and forecasts spending. You will be responsible for setting priorities and scope to achieve asset performance as determined by the business.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Work Initiation and Backlog Management
- Review work notifications, verify accuracy, completeness, troubleshooting by Production prior to Maintenance involvement, and priority setting prior to converting to work orders. Validate scope and justification.
- Evaluate work requests from Management of Change (MOC) items and Action Tracker items (Incidents, Reliability, etc.) and initiate work orders where applicable.
- Responsible to prioritize planning backlog according to business needs and communicate to the planner.
- Review, validate, and document break-in work. Manage requirements for breaking the Maintenance work schedule (planning and/or scheduling).
- Authorize Maintenance related overtime work to achieve desired business priorities and budget.
- Communicate maintenance activities and backlog to Production.
Maintenance Scheduling: Periodization and Adherence Monitoring
Responsible that scheduling basis includes
An appropriate amount of preventative maintenance work versus corrective work;
- An appropriate backlog age; and
- Scheduling time to work on RCFA action items and innovation
- Cost and effectiveness of activities are meeting business conditions
- Proper priority (final decision on priority).
- Accountable for compliance of the assets with internal and external rules and regulations (e.g. mechanical integrity, SIS, inspections, etc.) via adherence to scheduling requirements or seeking approval for extensions.
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
Asset Maintenance Strategy/Budget Adherence
- Serve as decision maker for Maintenance and the Operations Team to meet business objectives as they relate to asset performance and capital installations during routine maintenance work.
- Collaborates with Asset Outage specialist on scoping/timing of outages and turnarounds.
- Maintain strong line of communication on status of completed work orders and findings.
- Help define and promote Operational Reliability including Autonomous Maintenance.
- Validate maintenance work quality and execution efficiency through communication with Maintenance Supervision.
- Analyze maintenance costs, in conjunction with Area Maintenance Management, to understand cost drivers and look for opportunities to optimize.
- Work with Area Maintenance Management to monitor maintenance spending against plan and forecast spending.
- Work with Area Maintenance Management and Asset Manager to develop yearly Maintenance Plan based upon Business Strategies.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High School Diploma/Equivalent and minimum 10 years of operational or maintenance experience in a chemical/petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment OR Bachelor Degree and minimum 5 years of operational or maintenance experience in a chemical/petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of concepts of maintenance and operational processes such as planning, scheduling, work prioritization, rate limitation risks, and compliance requirements. Strong influencing skills required.
- Applies risk analysis and criticality assessments to daily decision making to achieve optimized cost and asset availability for the business
- Proficiency in Excel required (ex: creating spreadsheets for analysis)
- Experience with leading projects or initiatives are needed.
- SAP and other Enterprise Resource Planning System knowledge is required.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Entrepreneurial Actions, Peer Relationships, Negotiating, Priority Setting, Analytical Thinking, Teamworking, Striving for Achievement, Leading Employees to Success, Strategic Agility, Innovativeness
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Maintenance Gatekeeper - Polyol
Requisition ID: 1700167