BASF Production Supervisor - Diols & Derivatives in Geismar, Louisiana
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Production Supervisor who, with an enhanced focus on providing leadership, will support the Diols & Derivatives unit operations and shift supervisors.
Production Supervisor, Diols & Derivatives (1604250)
You will ensure the safe and efficient operations of the unit(s) and have a lead role in supporting and developing the competency base and skill set of the Shift Supervisors within the Cluster through coaching. You will be a visible participant in the coordination and supervision of all operations activities within the cluster in coordination with Supply Chain, Maintenance, and Asset Effectiveness.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promote a safe working environment, and ensures accountability of shift personnel for safety performance.
- Provide daily support to shift supervisors in performance of their own duties.
- Coordinate, communicate, and monitor daily operations activities across the shifts, and provides daily operating instructions, and provides conflict management as required. Ensures consistency and accountability on shift regarding discipline, procedures, and grievances, including resolution of step 2 grievances.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and safety issues that last more than one shift. Including working with Unit Production Engineer and Supply Chain using LIM/PIMS and other tools to monitor production performance including plant yields, quality and waste generation. Ensures that content of operating instructions and parameters is accurate and current.
- Assist other operations personnel in the Maintenance process and in obtaining guidance and training for shift personnel to promote proper operation and maintenance of the plants. Participates in reliability performance by supporting Asset Effectiveness through root cause failure analyses and in corrective actions for bad actors.
- Manage facilitates accident report investigations and action item follow-up, coordinates acceptance of new installations, participates in process hazard analyses (PHAs), and is responsible for generating and approving some MOC's.
- Maintain weekly and daily alignment with the cluster's maintenance coordinator regarding work priorities and schedule, and ensures continuity of on-going work between shifts by tracking progress and communicating status with operations personnel, and recommending appropriate actions
- Assure compliance with standard production trends and conformance with Quality process in coordination with Analytical Services.
- Prepare detailed plans for operational changes such as startups, shutdowns, product changes, plant tests, etc.
- Ensure that available human resources are used efficiently to achieve work-life balance targets such as reduced overtime.
- Drive operational discipline across the operations organization.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum 10 years of operational and/or maintenance experience OR Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of operational and/or maintenance experience is required. Prior experience leading people and teams is preferred.
- An understanding of equipment and overall plant manufacturing processes in assigned cluster including operational procedures, operator training requirements preferred
- Requires familiarity with industry environmental, safety, and health standards procedures and policies, as well as those for the site and the plants within the assigned cluster
- Must have understanding of mechanical and instrument equipment and their maintenance, maintenance programs, work processes (MPI, etc.), and best practices
- Must have technical competencies of process knowledge, knowledge of production capabilities, process unit ratios/yields, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, general computer skills, and user knowledge of SAP maintenance functions or another similar enterprise system
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CIN-Intermediates North America
Title: Production Supervisor - Diols & Derivatives
Requisition ID: 1604250