BASF Project Engineer in Greenville, Ohio
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
At BASF, our largest assets are our people and the chemistry they create is fundamental to our success. We welcome you to be part of our winning organization.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our team. As part of the Greenville, OH, Engineering team, you will report to the Engineering / Maintenance Manager and will direct day to day engineering activities and will provide project management and execution for site capital and maintenance projects to support the Coatings Business growth strategy. This expertise helps ensure the investment meets the cost, schedule, and quality requirements of the Business Unit. Develops and maintains partnerships with assigned project manufacturing representatives to execute projects from initial scoping and funding, through detailed engineering and procurement, to startup and commissioning, and then final documentation and closure. Requests and coordinates required process and design engineering and design resources, whether from the site or corporate groups or outside engineering vendors, to prepare engineering design deliverables and to procure equipment, fabricated materials, and services.
Project Engineer (1700912)
Your primary focus will be making engineering and project management-related decisions along with the delivery and execution of capital projects in the current overall economic context of the business unit, not solely with respect to the project budget. You will represent engineering on internal committees, technical conferences and external technical conferences.
You will interact daily with site operations and maintenance teams, vendors and outside contractors, and support other engineers as needed. You will have occasional contact with project Executives and the Group VPs.
Formula for Success: You Will...
· Ensure the resources required for strong process safety performance (financial and human) are planned for, identified and provided in projects or tasks assigned.
· Prioritize process risk reduction opportunities and support measures which reduce likelihood and / or severity of process related incidents.
· Participate in process safety related compliance audits, incident investigations and ensure action items are completed timely.
· Support the site exposure reduction program with active participation and leadership in contractor safety and site safety programs.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· Bachelor degree in Engineering with 1-2 years of experience required (co-op and internship experience applies) plus a broad knowledge of chemical unit operations and capital project execution
· Demonstrated ability to develop a good working knowledge of the site reactions, equipment and processes
· Strong written and verbal communication, leadership, analytical/problem solving and organization skills
· Knowledge or ability to develop a working knowledge of PSM and RMP requirements
· Strong computer skills, with SAP knowledge a plus
· Industrial experience regarding chemical plant mechanical design, maintenance, operations, and troubleshooting.
· Process/Project engineering, project management, and/or maintenance engineering experience
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 1700912