BASF Manufacturing Technician - Hartwell, GA (Continuous Recruitment Requisition) in Hartwell, Georgia
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
This position is within BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC, a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Corporation. BASF Colors & Effects produces a broad portfolio of colorants and effect pigments in 13 sites globally. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, BASF’s experts offer consultative solutions. Fueled by entrepreneurial spirit, they enable innovation and growth. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects. For more information about Colors & Effects, visitwww.colors-effects.basf.com.
To start up, shut down, and operate in a safe, efficient manner the grinding and classifying operations to produce a desired quality and quantity of product. Effectively communicate process variables to co-workers and coordinators.
Formula for Success, You Will:
- Operate chaser mills, centrifuges, screens, air classifiers, pneumatic transfer systems, forklifts, front-end loaders, dump trucks, and associated equipment.
- Perform analysis of processes as compared to supplied specifications, and make the necessary process adjustments.
- Perform quality tests according to procedures, performs routine maintenance on equipment, records quality data legibly, and routine data entry.
- Pre-Shift inspection of equipment, maintain and clean assigned machine, re-fuel machine as required, and write work orders for repairs and safety hazards.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School Degree or equivalent with 1-2 years manufacturing work experience preferred
- Have a valid drivers license
- Be able to work a 8 hour shift
- Manual dexterity, ascend, descend steps, stairs and/or ladders
- Oral and written skills to communicate and maintain accurate records
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to hear to decode communication and detect potential problems with the machine
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs., walk, sit, squat, bend, push/pull with arms/legs, body, reach overhead and stoop
- Must be able to work in variable climate temperatures
BASF is always growing our talent within the Production Operator community, and therefore, we have a need for continuous recruitment. We have posted this position in anticipation of future openings to pro-actively identify potential talent for our Customer Care team.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Manufacturing Technician - Hartwell, GA (Continuous Recruitment Requisition)
Requisition ID: 1700095