BASF Procurement Director Capital & Services - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Professionals in Procurement bring to their roles the following skills: a strong working knowledge of procurement operations and enterprise resource planning; good market knowledge; contract negotiation and management.
Procurement Director Capital & Services manages a team of more than 30 procurement professionals who are responsible for the procurement associated with regional capital investments and for the development and implementation of procurement strategies for all regional technical services (maintenance, construction, installation, facilities management, and waste management). Annual spend across these categories is approximately $2B.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Serve as the Account Manager for the regional Engineering & Maintenance organization working directly with the Senior Vice President and Leadership of that organization to establish a 5-year account plan and annual target agreement
- Provide direction, leadership and supervision to a team of project procurement managers who manage all procurement activities related to medium to large capital projects
- Lead a team of regional category managers & buyers responsible for the development and implementation of regional strategies for all technical services (maintenance, construction, installation, facilities management, waste management) segments across North America
- Provide disciplinary leadership for category buyers who are responsible for strategy implementation and sourcing for global categories (e.g., Engineering Services).
- Enable operational excellence in capital project execution through the development and implementation of best practices, training and coordination of capital procurement activities in alignment with the global Center of Expertise
- Ensure availability of accurate and current regional labor market intelligence to assist with capital project budget estimating to support the regional investment decision making process for BASF
- Manage the regional engineering & service contractor supplier base and relationships from both a commercial and performance management perspective
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to foster best practices in terms of negotiation and contracting associated with regional technical services.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business or related field required. Technical degree is preferred.
- MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated leadership and general industry experience required
- Minimum 10 years of experience/strong working knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, procurement, maintenance and/or other related functional teams required.
- Experience directly managing others required.
- Must have strong financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of contracts and negotiation and relationship/stakeholder management skills are highly desired.
- Must be capable of working in a multi-tasking environment, be team oriented and able to handle difficult/challenging situations.
- Candidates must also be willing to travel up to 25%, including global travel.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROC - Procurement
Organization: N-FPN-Regional Procurement North America
Title: Procurement Director Capital & Services - Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 1700059