BASF Supply Chain Manager- Houston, TX or Florham Park, NJ in Houston, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
The preferred location is Houston, TX but will consider candidates in Florham Park, NJ.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Supply Chain Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Performance Chemicals Oilfield, Mining and Enhanced Oil Recovery supply chain activities in North America, which includes demand planning, inventory management, regional supply planning, full utilization of contract manufacturing and cross divisional supply management.
Supply Chain Manager (1701164)
You will manage the global Sales and Operations Planning process as “Global S&OP Manager”, including management of identified supply / demand imbalances, interregional supply allocation and the optimization of S&OP processes and systems in support of an effective, global business management review. You will all have the responsibility for assigned Global Oilfield supply chain activities, such as global demand reporting, global supply chain projects, etc. aligned with business / product management.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· People – Manage the development and continuous optimization of the G supply chain organization to ensure business requirements and expectations are met. This includes managing the identification, on-boarding and continuous development & training of all supply chain staff in the region.
· Regional Sales and Operations Planning – Manage the integrated sales and operations supply planning processes to ensure a long-term balance of supply and demand for Tollers in North America. Manage the proactive identification and elimination of supply bottlenecks and management of projected inventory levels to meet market needs. Ensure the processes consider all inter-regional and cross divisional supply and demand requirements.
· Global Sales and Operations Planning – Manage oversight and enhancement of the cross-regional end-to-end planning processes, including Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Detailed Planning & Scheduling and Sales and Operations Planning. Ensure global alignment and development of S&OP reporting systems, process structure, meeting administration and roles & responsibilities including: maintenance of relevant master data and critical data structures (product / customer hierarchies). Act as coordinator of global S&OP community to ensure effective information flow and continuous improvement of this important global management process.
· Demand Planning – Manage the monthly demand planning process to obtain a continuously improving sales forecast from Sales and Marketing. This will require developing and maintaining strong cross functional processes, including the monthly demand validation, for gathering and incorporating customer and market intelligence. In addition, manage the monitoring, measuring, and reporting of forecast metrics to ensure accuracy targets are achieved.
· Production Scheduling – Manage the master and detailed production scheduling (MPS / DPnS) for all outside tollers in North America. Indirectly influence the MPS activities at global supply points supporting the business. This schedule should be aligned with operational capabilities and optimized to efficiently support business volume, EBIT, customer service and working capital targets.
· Material Management – Manage the planning of merchandise (import/tolled) materials based on the validated demand forecast. Direct the Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) process to ensure stock is properly positioned to meet defined business objectives for sales, service and working capital mgt.
· Projects – Manage all system and process improvement projects impacting supply chain activities in North America. This includes, but is not limited to, interfacing with EV Business Experts and Global Supply Chain to properly manage ongoing planning system enhancements to meet changing business needs.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
· Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
· Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
· Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
· Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
· Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
· Execute performance and career development discussions
· Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
· Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Bachelor degree in Supply Chain / Business Management, Engineering or related is required. MBA preferred. Note: Other disciplines would be considered with demonstrated successful Supply Chain management experience.
Minimum 8 years of experience in supply chain / logistics management.
Minimum 3 years supervisory experience, including a proven ability in managing and developing people in the achievement of defined targets
Proficiency with SAP strongly preferred
Outstanding communications, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Demonstrated experience fostering teamwork.
Ability to think and act in a global team environment
APICS certification preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Supply Chain Manager- Houston, TX or Florham Park, NJ
Requisition ID: 1701164
Other Locations: US-NJ-Florham Park