BASF Operator Automotive- Chemical Coating in Huntsville, Alabama
At the BASF Huntsville Site, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic converters and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Our Operators manage the process of coating of catalysts substrates using the established parameters and processes. They are highly skilled and possess the knowledge that allows us to produce a quality product in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Operators perform tasks on various coating machines.
- Assures coating slurry and raw substrates meet required specifications, starts equipment to transfer slurry to the coater machine.
- Sets scale limits and pump operation pressure to assure proper slurry supply to coating machine.
- Enters production information into computer for lot packages, downtime sheets and SAP.
- Follows work instructions, and specification sheets, sets and controls coating machines to regulate speed of coating, flow of chemical slurries, and temperature of drying ovens to maintain specified customer quality requirements.
- Utilizes work instructions to guide and troubleshoot coater systems and make appropriate adjustments to assure proper coater operation.
- Cleans and maintains coating machines and associated feed tanks, plumbing and pumps.
- Properly completes administrative entries associated with coater operations such as Process Lot Tickets, standard process control charts and other operations forms.
- Loads substrates onto a line or packs substrates into boxes.
- Utilizes a forklift to maneuver parts/materials in the area.
Screens parts for quality issues.
High School Diploma/GED with demonstrated enhanced math and/or science ability with 2 or more years of work related experience
- Must be able to operate machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
- Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title: Operator Automotive- Chemical Coating
Requisition ID: 1700138