BASF Production Technician in Huntsville, Alabama
Purpose of the Job
At the BASF Huntsville Site, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. This position contributes by assisting Production Engineers and/or Area Managers in developing, improving, testing and troubleshooting manufacturing processes. Production Technicians also provide technical support to Coating Operations, Production Targeters, and Production Associates. In addition, this position collects and records data to support process metrics, comply with customer requirements, support engineering projects, etc.; also trains and confers with Production Control team.
- Lead and ensure sustainability of the RTC program, driving significant continuous improvements of operational KPIs
- Lead CLCO and drive continuous YOY rate improvements and deliberate focus to minimize PGM losses in the process
- Assistance with Global Rheology benchmarking and rheology guideline sustainability
- Collaborating with Process Engineering to develop and maintain slurry normalization guide ensuring alignment for Process Technicians and Targeters
- VBA Coding and maintenance of various MS Office databases
- Prepares, compiles and records processengineeringdata and training materials.
- Tests process equipment and instruments to observe and record operating characteristics and performance of specified process.
- Observes manufacturing processes and recommends modification or change.
- Trains, observes and confers with equipment operators to ensure specified techniques are used to troubleshoot the process and to assist operators in achieving optimum equipment operation.
- May participate in internal audits and process reviews.
- Assists in developing, testing, and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Prepares, updates and maintains process documentation.
- Operates in the control room, monitoring coating process control and taking necessary actions.
- Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift and OT as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Specialized Training and/or Certification with 5 years of related experience.
- Must possess specialized trade or skill
- Must be self-directed and operate independently
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate work projects and be able to multi-task
- Ability to operate or maintain complex equipment including use of intermediate to advanced computer skills such as VBA coding
- May control confidential/sensitive information
- Must have positive attitude and strong team working skills
- Must be able to collaborate with others for achievement; this will be primarily encountered through daily interactions with both internal and external team members
- Collaboration will also be required by supporting process improvement and small project team activities
Nature and Scope
- Work environment/Physical demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel as well as to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently is required to stand and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The use of personal protection equipment is required such as hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title: Production Technician
Requisition ID: 1700176