BASF Senior Business Systems Expert in Huntsville, Alabama
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Expert to join our team.
Senior Business Systems Expert (1702441) – Huntsville, AL
Formula for Success: You Will…
Consult and support the customer when dealing with complex business processes and IT application questions.
Confer and examine IT analysis, process and/or data modeling, consulting, and optimization of more complex business processes and business models.
Serve as the subject matter expert for SAP while managing daily system support for MM, PP, and SD modules, and advise on systems process improvements.
Manage EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) enablement and coordination with the CCE customer and supplier base to ensure all electronic communication requirements are met and opportunities are realized.
Oversee SAP regression test requirements for the Huntsville site to accommodate future system upgrades, change requests, and solution manager documentation.
Provide project management, coordination, and technical support as needed for the Huntsville site, as well as business-level and company-directed supply chain initiatives.
Act as business and process expert (BEX) for existing integrations and implementation of new systems that interface with SAP.
Liaise and collaborate with stakeholders including, but not limited to, internal customers, business and technical experts, and external customers and suppliers with a high emphasis on maintaining accurate internal control of precious metals transactions and reporting.
Coach less experienced employees to learn activities that encourage independent thinking, analysis, and sustainability.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of 10 years of experience in ERP implementation and systems analysis & troubleshooting in Precious Metal Environment.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience with Precious Metals Accounting, Supply Chain systems required including PM Pro configuration, compatibility, and enhancements preferred.
• SAP experience required as well as implementation experience of material master, QM, BOMs and system user acceptance testing using SAP solution manager.
• Experience in establishing SAP user roles and authorizations within IT Access systems.
• Demonstrated competency in leading MES (Manufacturing Engineering Systems) implementation/integration including, but not limited to SOS.
• Global travel may be required
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Highly developed technical skills with ERP systems
• Strong demonstration of entrepreneurial drive
• Highly developed sense of responsibility and accountability
• Well-developed proactive character
• Highly developed ability to think strategically
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Highly customer oriented
• Highly innovation-oriented
• Extensive knowledge of business processes and applications, IT skills
• Good business knowledge in various application areas
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title: Senior Business Systems Expert
Requisition ID: 1702441