BASF Supply Chain Planner in Huntsville, Alabama
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join our team.
Supply Chain Planner (1700087)
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Master Schedule Automotive and Diesel products applying Materials Requirements Planning techniques to manage demand, satisfy customer requirements and inventory metrics.
- Load demand and be able to identify and correct system irregularities.
- Partner with production to ensure an understanding of the operational processes to best align schedules to optimize the process.
- Procure raw materials and work with suppliers to ensure on time delivery and target inventories are sustained.
- Finite schedule the production process.
- Provide inventory and sales forecasts based on customer demand.
- Interface with other departments in a professional manner.
- Communicate with Customer Care, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Commercial and other departments to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Support Site Logistics Manager on selected projects and assignments designed to improve the business.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BS degreerequired, Business or relevant Technical Field preferred and a minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management (e.g. Planning, Scheduling, Inventory Control)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in inventory reporting.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, effective communicator, proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- APICS CPIM Certification preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title: Supply Chain Planner
Requisition ID: 1700087