BASF Applications Manager – Clean Air in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Applications Manager, Clean Air to address the technical support needs and application specifications in the CCN - Clean Air portfolio.
Applications Manager, Clean Air (1700144)
You will work with the Sales Team todrive Customer Focus, creating solutions that meet customers’ needs and expand our product portfolio. This is a customer facing role is aimed at creating a higher level of customer focus, servicing customer’s technical needs in existing products, as well as developing new solutions (based on available technologies) to address customers’ future needs.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide technical application support to the sales organization on all aspects of Stationary Source and Aircraft Ozone business.
- Develop technical documents to support Sales in various areas of emission control catalysts, ensuring technology is being applied properly, and able to meet customer needs.
- Identify new applications of existing commercial products, conducting feasibility studies and coordinate with R&D for new applications as necessary.
- Define catalyst compositions (for both stationary and ozone products). Approve technical portion of sales proposals (e.g. catalyst design). Work with engineering to develop cost effective special quotes for unique technical applications. Recommend cost savings and value engineering alternatives.
- Be the liaison between R&D and the Sales Team to address customer needs. Participate in catalyst field testing and support Customer visits as necessary. Coordinate with R&D on analyses of samples from the field for evaluation; prepare reports on the results.
- Provide technical direction for other engineers, technicians, or drafters on specific work assignments. Provide application training, as required, for the Sales Team.
- Prepare, check, and coordinate the release of documentation to support technical transfer of product into production. Develop technical documents / presentations / literature as necessary.
- Support NBD projects when needed.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- M. S. in Chemistry or Engineering, preferably with a focus on catalysis related studies.
- Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience in the heterogeneous catalysis field.
- Capable of complex problem-solving techniques, regularly applying ingenuity and creativity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with customer.
- Ability to translate customer needs into defined tasks for development programs
Job: APTE - Appl. Technology
Organization: CC/S-Strategy and New Bus. Dev.
Title: Applications Manager – Clean Air
Requisition ID: 1700144