BASF Business Development Manager - Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, development, and expansion of the current catalyst manufacturing precious metals trading business into targeted base metals. This will be in support of BASF’s battery materials business and its customer requirements. The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading this business expansion in close collaboration with the regional and functional leaders of the catalyst manufacturing organization, to maximize established trading expertise, resources and infrastructure to ensure the most cost efficient and effective outcome. The mirroring of the existing platinum group metals (PGM) trading business model must ensure cost competitive services are provided to industrial customers with a full line of Nickel, Cobalt, and Lithium management services that will include: Physical Metal Sourcing and Sales, Supply Chain Management, Customer Metal Account Management, internal Price Risk Management and Price Risk Management Services to OEM/ end customers of the Catalyst division’s battery business. The Business Development Manager will also work closely with the battery materials business leadership to ensure alignment on all customer commitments around these base metal services.
Formula for success. You wil…..
- Lead the development, implementation, and strategy for industry positioning, customer management, sourcing, pricing, supply-chain and risk management to drive profitable growth.
- Work directly with other Leadership Team members to mirror existing business model; maximize existing infrastructure, expertise and resources
- Ensure active communication and knowledge sharing both within the CCM commercial and trading organization and with other stakeholders within the business unit and CC Division.
- Oversee market communications; ensure input to business leaders and divisional communications team for both external and internal communications.
- Ensure risk management is appropriately established in all trading activities
- Keep well-informed of all major changes influencing the battery metals business environment. Analyze market trends, identify and monitor growth areas, and derive action plans.
- Work globally across functions to develop the strategic plan for the CCB partnership, in alignment with the overall business strategy
- Negotiation, contract management, and effective supply chain management in compliance with BASF global procurement guidelines and principles
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
What we look for in you……
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years of progressive operations, commercial and/or trading work experience required
- Work experience in a global environment highly preferred
- Understanding of global commodities markets necessary
- Proficient Knowledge of Nickel and Cobalt markets required
- Background in base metals strongly preferred
- Experience managing others preferred
- Demonstrated strength in establishing and maintaining senior level relationships with customers.
- International experience in marketing to the industrial sector
- Proven track record of strong collaboration while developing a long-term strategy.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment to build organizational alignment.
- Fosters the integration of a diversity of perspectives across the organization resulting in development of high performing teams and output.
- Ability to work cross functionally
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: GEMA - General Management
Organization: CCM-Precious & Base Metal Services
Title: Business Development Manager - Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 1700130