BASF Finance Business Manager - Iselin, NJ in Iselin, New Jersey
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Finance Business Manager to join the team at our Iselin, NJ location.
Finance Business Manager – Iselin, NJ (1700033)
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Serve as the Finance single main point of contact for an assigned Business Unit or Segment in order to understand their needs. Partner with employees in the Finance Center of Excellence and Finance Shared Service Center in order to provide and be accountable for end to end Financial Services and solutions.
- Provide matrix leadership to a finance competency team: Accountable for delivery and outputs of finance and accounting processes delivered as end-end service to specific BU or segment
- Manage a team of Business Finance Analysts and/or Site Controllers, providing direction, oversight and career development and ensure they provide analytics, insights and decision support to assigned Leadership.
- Validate monthly accounting and reporting – (FROM ledger/SAP COBALT to MARIS) – to ensure accurate reporting for P&L and balance sheet
- Provide proactive root cause analysis for BU’s/Segments and partner with COE’s to provide finance/accounting solutions
- Counsel, advise, and provide insight of business unit needs to COE’s (COE’s provide to Shared Service Center
- Partner with assigned Business Unit to establish solutions to business issues; Responsible for the Accounting ramifications of business decisions.
- Provide accurate accounting and finance analysis to enable effective business decisions by BU Leadership
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required. CPA, CMA, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance and/or controlling, with manufacturing finance experience preferred.
- Leadership and strong influence skills with the region; experience leading people and/or teams desired.
- Ability to communicate, influence others without position authority; ability to engage, operate and influence different cultures and styles.
- Negotiation and conflict management – reach out and engage appropriate expertise.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to innovate; strong problem solving skills.
Job: TAFI - Tax & Finance
Organization: N-FFN Finance North America
Title: Finance Business Manager - Iselin, NJ
Requisition ID: 1700033