BASF Production QA Operator in Kent, Washington
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Perform prescribed tests and inspections on raw materials and product phases to ensure adherence to quality standards/specifications. Responsible for following specific instructions outlining designated quantities to be used and production times required. Operates various equipment in the manufacture of products; utilizes basic repair tools in performing routine mechanical repairs; operates forklift to load and/or unload raw materials and finished products. Also, coordinates manufacturing efforts and conducts quality control initiatives. The individual must be able to lift 55 pounds throughout the shift. Maximum lifting requirements are 80 - 90 pounds and must be able to push and pull up to 100 – 150 pounds. This is a hands on position that includes both Production QC and product manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for combining raw materials, as designated by work order for the manufacture of chemical admixtures.
· Responsible for unloading raw materials, loading bulk trucks and packaged goods with finished products.
· May perform various clerical duties as required.
· Assures that quality standards of company are met at all times.
· Retrieves samples and performs prescribed testing and analysis for critical characteristics with written and/or electronic records of such activities in a safe and accurate manner.
· Conducts other tests and investigations and also performs equipment calibrations and generates QC certificates.
· Maintains retrievable and traceable system of quality documentation and related items along with inventory control samples.
· Cleans and maintains the lab equipment and physical lab space.
· Maintains formula integrity and creates lab batches as required by Research and Development and plant management.
· Acts as a backup for Production Coordinator and Plant Manager as required.
· Follow all appropriate Environmental Protection, Safety, Health and Quality (ESHQ) policies.
· Wears prescribed Personal Protective equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used.
· Notifies his/her supervisor before undertaking a work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
· Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
· Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of BASF’s Vision and Guiding Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate managers or directors. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
· Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001, Responsible Care, as well as all procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 1 year previous physical or chemical laboratory experience and six (6) months on the job training to obtain product knowledge, quality control specification requirements, understanding of procedures and organizational structure.
2 years or more in a manufacturing environment working with inbound raw material and outbound finished product QC.
The ability to trouble shoot and problem solve production and quality control issues.
A strong commitment to safety is required while experience with EH&S initiative is desirable.
This position requires the interpretation and input of data via computer. The incumbent must be proficient with computer applications.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent; the ability to understand complicated testing instructions, the ability to write laboratory reports, use a calculator, and input data into a computer.
- Detail oriented, with organizational skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently.
- Inquisitive, and self-driven
- Strong work ethic with ability to perform a wide range of tasks with minimal supervision
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: Production QA Operator
Requisition ID: 1701298