BASF Field Technical Service Representative II or III - Automotive OEM Coatings (GM LGR) in Lansing, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Field Technical Service Representative II to join our Chicago, IL team. Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Field Technical Service Representative II
You will be located at the customer production facility and effectively support the BASF customer, adapting to the daily challenges within the production environment to ensure that production and quality targets of the customer are met.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Support the sale of BASF products and services at a specific account site or region by monitoring the use of products in customer’s applications, responding to customer requirements, and enforcing product quality/performance specifications.
· Demonstrate the technical and professional expertise to enhance BASF’s reputation with the customer.
· Support new product/application development and launches.
· Monitor and control key performance indicators within product service environments to drive problem resolution and product improvement initiatives that are critical to customer performance expectations.
· Manage the day-to-day customer communication and conflict, performance of BASF’s products and services, material forecasting and inventory management, and support BASF product launches / optimization.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· High school diploma required; Bachelor or associate degree preferred
· 2 years Experience working with automotive OEMs on a technical level or relevant experience required, 4 years experience preferred; coatings experience preferred
· Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP
· Coatings knowledge: Application, quality and performance requirements, defect identification preferred
· Problem identification, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution
· Verbal/written communication skills and s trong interpersonal skills
· Must be willing to work rotating shifts
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Field Technical Service Representative II or III - Automotive OEM Coatings (GM LGR)
Requisition ID: 1701752