BASF Innovation Specialist (Nebraska) - Remote Position in Lincoln, Nebraska
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Innovation Specialist (Nebraska) – Remote Position (1603711)
As an Innovation Specialist you will develop and maintain business relationships with growers identified as strategic to BASF in defined areas across the US. The objective is to effectively communicate the value of BASF's new innovations through direct contact with assigned growers, focus on the benefits of using BASF crop protection products & services, and to assist local sales and technical service teams in the development of business strategies and tactics that lead to helping growers get the most from every acre.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Meet or exceed yearly financial goals
- Conduct agronomic focused calls on targeted growers, resulting in increased sales of BASF products
- Develop an area plan that includes overall business objectives, strategies for growth, identifies top customers, and an action plan to achieve overall growth
- Develop grower account plans, including business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers and successfully grow BASF market share
- Accurately forecast brands by grower
- Develop and implement strategies to launch new products, per launch goals
- Establish working relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives and strategic account managers to support local initiatives
- Participate, and lead as appropriate, in key grower events including conferences, demo plots, etc.
To Ensure Success, You Will Apply These Competencies…
- Time Management : Ensure time and effort align with priorities and provide for the most efficient use of resources
- Technical Savvy : Demonstrate comfort with technology and use technical innovations to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes and procedures
- Agile Learning : Embrace learning through a willingness and demonstrated ability to continue to grow professionally; use all tools and resources to quickly gain and maintain the knowledge and skills necessary for effective job performance
- Effective Communication : Ensure all communications, for both internal and external audiences, are clear, focused and based on a solid understanding of needs, using whatever medium is appropriate
- Relationship Building : Build and nurture solid relationships, both internally and externally; externally to advance customer satisfaction and internally to network effectively to advance collaboration and meet needs of the organization and customers
- Problem Solving : Creatively bring new or alternative perspectives forward to overcome difficulty or uncertainty
- Business Acumen : Demonstrate business understanding to develop solutions relevant to business success
- Negotiation Skills : Seek to align the interests of all relevant stakeholders to create mutually beneficial agreements
- Teamwork : Demonstrate desire/ability to cooperate, collaborate and maintain flexibility in working with others
- Sales Ability : Effectively use BASF selling process to retain and grow customer accounts
- Customer Focus : Align perspective to the customer’s to ensure the concerns of the customer are understood, addressed and that overall customer satisfaction is achieved
- Territory/Area Management : Develop area plan that incorporates knowledge of the specific area and leads to organization of tasks and resources in a manner that coordinates resources efficiently, maximizes productivity, provides clear segmentation and contributes to the overall success of both the customer and BASF
- Agronomic & Product Knowledge : Possess agronomic and product knowledge that will enable the creation of recommendations to meet needs of, and represent a solution that is valuable to the grower
Where you'll work…
You'll be living within and managing a territory in the Nebraska geography.
***This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.***
To see further information on BASF located in NC, select:
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ sales experience (or completion of a BASF Rotational Program)
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize a smart phone and tablet to conduct business
- Willingness to travel overnight/weekly
- Willing and able to reside in assigned territory
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates; Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
We Also Look For…
- Masters or advanced degree in related field
- 2 – 5 years selling or technical background in Ag-related field
- Strong Ag-related business and production acumen
- Current Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Pest Control Advisor (PCA) qualification or willingness to obtain
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Innovation Specialist (Nebraska) - Remote Position
Requisition ID: 1603711