BASF Supply Chain Planner II - Livonia Systems in Livonia, Michigan
At BASF,we createchemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner II to join our team at our Livonia, MI site. This position is being revised to increase the support to Livonia System operation and align with similar positions at this level at other PMU plants and support the other members of the team already in place.
Supply Chain Planner II (1700111) – Livonia, MI
You will support supply chain raw material planning, finished goods inventory planning, processing of returns, extending new raw material article numbers, dysfunctional inventory monitoring and related approvals and transactions activities. You will also provide support to article number management (BOM’s and routings / SPASS / FMS). Responsibilities also include month end closing process, finished goods inventory balancing (daily), inventory management through formal cycle counts, and backup of the other team members as needed.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop and implement comprehensive supply chain raw material planning and replenishment, inventory management and S&OP support for the Livonia System operations.
- Ensure the effective implementation of business and operating processes necessary to ensure supply chain integrity, integration and bottom-line results.
- Support the PMU Sales and Operations planning processes to ensure a proactive balance of supply and demand for the PMU business in North America.
- Manage the month-end closing process for all raw materials consumed in the production unit to insure product placement to meet customer requirements. Makes appropriate adjustments in SAP following generally accepted accounting practices.
- Communicate with the production team, product management team and mkt. / sales team daily to insure priorities are aligned and plans are in place to execute.
- Produce daily finished goods inventory balance reports.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You..
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain management, Business Management or related field preferred with a minimum 2 years of experience is Supply Chain, Customer Care, production planning, production scheduling, material planning, or related field is required or non-degreed candidates would be expected to have 6-10 years of related experience in Customer Care, Supply Chain, Procurement, Operations or Production
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP relative to production planning, raw material replenishment, material master maintenance, shipping scheduling, and inventory reconciliation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Provides raw materials or finished goods planning and associated tasks with this role.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment to collaborate for achievement.
- Outstanding communications, written and verbal communication skills, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- APICS CPIM certification within 2 years preferred.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: (PM)-Performance Materials
Title: Supply Chain Planner II - Livonia Systems
Requisition ID: 1700111