BASF Chemical Operator in Louisville, Kentucky
The Louisville, KY Dispersion manufacturing site is seeking candidates for the position of Chemical Operator. This position is responsible for mixing/blending of materials, operation of process equipment, material handling, instrument monitoring, record keeping, and forklift operation. Must follow all safety procedures and act in a safe manner at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Individuals in this position must be an active participant in the site’s Journey to EHS excellence and have a Zero Incident Mindset
- Efficiently operate equipment: adding materials at designated times and observing chemical operations; monitor gauges, samples and recorders to ensure timely completion of quality batches per production schedule.
- Adjust controls and valves to maintain systems at specified temperature, pressure and speed.
- Maintain housekeeping at excellent levels, keeping the tanks, floor and reactor deck areas clean.
- Required to operate a forklift and other powered mobile equipment in a safe manner
- Wear necessary safety equipment and follow company established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, have effective writing skills and understand work instructions and be able to perform basic mathematical calculations as required.
- Must be able to interpret instrument readings.
- Must be physically fit, able to perform work and lifting up to 55lbs.
- Must have good visual acuity and have good color perception.
- Be able to pass the BASF Pre-Employment tests
- Experience in a chemical plant or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Possess intermediate computer skills (Use computerized process system, Internet, email, etc.)
- Must possess a strong safety mindset
- Must demonstrate an ability to work well in teams.
- An understanding and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, safety and health issues etc. (SDS's, use of PPE etc.) is beneficial
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed working with minimal supervision
- Chemical Operators work a 12 hour shift on a 24/7 schedule (May require nights and/or weekends)
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Chemical Operator
Requisition ID: 1700084