BASF Senior Technical Services Specialist in Manitoba, California
This Senior Technical Service Specialist role is focused on the western Canadian and Canadian agricultural sector, with a particular bias towards agriculture in Manitoba. Candidates must have a background in agriculture with preference being given to western Canadian experience, however all applicants with agricultural experience will be considered.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Marketing, Sales and Technical product positioning is in alignment for the Region and Crop Team they support. The Senior Technical Service Specialist supports sales objectives through direct interaction with Sales and indirectly by influencing key external customers in the Region.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for providing technical training to the sales force and key influencers within the Region. This includes training the sales Specialists on investigative field techniques and technical support with product investigation where necessary. The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for the development of technical product/agronomic training curriculum for the sales team.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is a member of a Crop Team. The team is responsible for supporting the Crop Manager in developing the overall crop solution campaign of a portfolio of services, advice and products for the assigned crops.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for the execution of summer demand creation activities including large scale grower trials and demonstration sites within the Region. They are responsible for providing supportive data to meet sales objectives and address product usage questions. This includes coordinating third party testing to support label expansion.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist is responsible for monitoring and positively influencing key centers of influence (COI) such as universities, consultants, provincial extension staff and retail agronomists through relationship building and regular contact. They provide product information, label updates, and technical results to these COI's. The Senior Technical Service Specialist plays a lead role in coordinating major COI initiatives in western Canada. The Senior Technical Service Specialist also administers local demonstration and grant programs.
The Senior Technical Service Specialist provides the technical link to the market place. Regular interaction with Brand Managers, Business Reps, Innovation Specialists, Strategic Account Managers, Technical Marketing Managers, Regulatory and Biology is imperative.
The Senior Technical Service Specialists plays a key role in the transfer of new product/crops to knowledge to other sales regions (example corn and soybeans from eastern Canada to western Canada). They must become familiar with new BASF products 2 years prior to market.
· M.Sc. in Agriculture/Biology with emphasis on crop science, weed science, agronomy, entomology, plant pathology or related discipline.
· Minimum 5 years’ relative field experience, with a demonstrated ability to recommend product positioning based on evaluating data and customer needs. Experience in working with growers, distribution/retail, universities, or consultants would be beneficial.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Must be effective when communicating with a wide variety of audiences. Must be able to relate with key influencer contacts on product technical attributes and agronomic issues associated with major crops in the Region.
· Actively participate on teams to achieve business goals. Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to the sales team is beneficial. Strong organizational and time management skills are essential.
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with others as it relates to product positioning. Must be skilled at development and delivery of presentations to both external and internal customers. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in various software programs, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment
process and accessible materials.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Senior Technical Services Specialist
Requisition ID: 1702453