BASF Production Support Manager - McIntosh, AL in McIntosh, Alabama
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Manufacturing at BASF consists of a diverse group of employees, including engineers, operators, technicians, chemists, craftsmen, logistics professionals, and support services who work collaboratively to drive product creation and implementation. From process analysis and optimization, to product production and material movements, plant design, plant construction, and the commissioning of major production facilities, Manufacturing at BASF calls for specialists with exceptional technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge. Efficiency, excellence, and safety of our manufacturing operations ultimately ensures that BASF products meet the needs of its customers.
Formula for success. You will…..
- Direct, manage and evaluate the performance of the Process Development, OpEx, Training, Analytical & Quality Control (A&QC), Logistics, Electrical and Environmental Operations (EEO) and Distributive Control Systems teams.
- Be responsible for site control systems maintenance and the employment of Operational Excellence techniques and methods.
- Manage A&QC analyses of all production, environmental and business unit analyses, along with calibration and maintenance of associated instrumentation.
- Manage infrastructure services where failure to provide services could negatively impact the business and/or third party contractual obligations, permitting and/or result in large fines.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of training program administration, including training needs assessment, curriculum design and development, testing, evaluation, reporting and metrics, formulation of training policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to corporate standardization practices.
Ensure continuous improvement, step changes and innovation by:
Leading and tracking the team's accomplishments and progress toward objectives. Provide team progress updates and ad hoc reports to support tracking of improvement efforts to the Site Director.
- Providing economic analysis and evaluation of potential improvements.
Facilitating the resolution of resource issues or conflict (e.g. conflicting priorities) among the team or between the team and external contacts.
Support Regional Asset Manager in the capital budgeting process.
Perform the functions of a technology expert as outlined below:
Facilitate cross-functional teams to develop process improvements and solve plant problems.
- Serve as point of contact between Site, North America and Global resources for assigned manufacturing process.
- Champion new ideas, inspire for excellence and trust, and foster a team environment.
- Mentor the development of a culture of improvement and growth within the site.
- Support the plant and business unit goals (cost, safety, production, quality, people).
Provide input and ideas for capital planning.
Facilitate the data collection and evaluation for benchmarking activities as required.
- Serve on the McIntosh Site Lead Team.
- Coach a varied and diverse group of managers and teams to exhibit the competencies, personal behavior, skills, and knowledge needed to ensure sustainable growth.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
What we look for in you.....
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry required
- MBA desirable
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in in-depth technical manufacturing and problem solving and/or a line management role required
- Chemical industry experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of leading a technical manufacturing organization required
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership. Creating and achieving a desired future vision through influence on organizational values, individual group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through a culture change.
- Interpersonal skills to develop teamwork with subordinates, peers, and superiors both internal and external to BASF.
- Operations management, Project Manager or Manufacturing Representative on a project to install and start-up a new technology application.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in an environment characterized by recurring change, uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Proven record of developing creative solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability via past experiences to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required to be proactive, not reactive, and to solve problems without being assigned.
- Knowledge of OSHA & EPA requirements.
- Experience with waste water treatment preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals
Title: Production Support Manager - McIntosh, AL
Requisition ID: 1700036