BASF National Sales Manager in Mississauga, Ontario
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Construction Chemicals division offers advanced chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair or renovation of structures under the Master Builders Solutions brand. Master Builders Solutions is BASF's global brand of advanced chemical solutions for construction. The brand builds on the strengths of many legacy BASF brands and products and represents our experience of more than 100 years in the construction industry.
Our employees form a global community of experts that are passionate about solving our customers' specific challenges at all stages of construction as well as throughout the lifecycle of the structure.
Under the Master Builders Solutions brand BASF combines its technological know-how and comprehensive product portfolio to provide the right solutions, based on our experience gained in countless construction projects worldwide.
Formula for Success: You Will…
Provide strong, effective leadership, management and direction for all Canadian sales personnel and sales managers who sell solutions to the construction industry at volume and profit levels that are consistent with assigned budgetary responsibilities. This is a key position within the business requiring strong personal leadership, teamwork, collaboration and relationship development skills and characteristics as well as;
· Create, plan, direct and lead the implementation of sales strategies for Canada.
· Develop strategies that will substantially increase Canadian market share, enhance customer relationships, reduce complexity, penetrate growth markets and increase profitability.
· Deliver on all sales, contribution and EBIT KPI’s.
· Maintain control of the budgeted expenses. Investigate complaints against the corporation as appropriate to terms of reference: products, personnel, service. Implement guidelines or administer company policy that establishes disciplines to avoid legal issues. Further, provide negotiation guidance and expertise to bring matters to effective, appropriate and compliant resolution.
· Teamwork with Marketing / NA Leadership Team / Functional Groups and other BASF businesses.
· F requent customer contact particularly at owner and executive levels within customer organizations.
· Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
· Execute performance and career development discussions to drive high performance
· Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
· Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy.
· Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Architecture, Engineering or related field.
· Minimum 10 years of sales leadership and/or business management experience
· Robust understanding of how construction products are sold into the targeted segment through the various channels of sale. Channel of sales are focused on Building Owners, Facility Managers, Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Specifiers and Distributors.
· Strong understanding of how to work through multi-level selling and managing a project sales cycle as it involves different customer interactions.
· Conceptual thinker and change agent; action- / results-oriented; not afraid to take-charge and communicates well up and down and inside and out of the organization.
· Strong business acumen with a solid foundation for market fundamentals
· High level of tolerance for ambiguity including a willingness to take calculated risks and implement novel market approaches.
· Strong skills in work-product organization, action plan development, time management, project management, meeting facilitation, relationship building (networking, team building and conflict resolution) and public speaking / presentations.
· Self-motivated, customer-focused & resourceful individual with strong follow through.
· Excellent communication (written & verbal), presentation, interpersonal, and people management skills.
· Very good leadership skills to drive projects and motivate/lead people to success.
· Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of BASF’s Vision and Guiding Principles. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
Title: National Sales Manager
Requisition ID: 1701339