BASF Controls Engineer II in Monaca, Pennsylvania
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Controls Engineer II, (Electrical, Instrument and Controls) to be part of the Plant Engineering team based in Monaca, PA, whowill support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing.We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers.With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business in North America, please visithttp://www.basf.us/dpsolutions
Controls Engineer II (1603882)
As the Controls Engineer, you will support the control and data collection systems (DCS, PLC, SIS, Process Tech, etc.), including day-to-day troubleshooting and maintenance as well as making and testing programming changes to improve operations. You will handle some capital project work within your area of responsibility, with more experienced engineers handling projects with larger scope and higher complexity. More experienced engineers will also support a wider array of systems and will be expected to operate with increased autonomy.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Support high level of asset effectiveness by providing day-to-day technical support on various DCS and PLC control systems, including troubleshooting and helping operations.
- Support high level of asset effectiveness by making and testing software improvements initiated by process improvement ideas, PHA action items, or responses to incidents.
- Execute software changes for small to medium size capital projects in area of responsibility.
- Maintain the master plan on Control Systems (DCS, PLC and SIS) and ensures all systems are in compliance with corporate standards
- Stay abreast of current automation technologies, participate in evaluating system obsolescence, and perform system upgrades.
- Participate on various teams such as PHA teams, and North American Technical Networks.
- Assist I/E with troubleshooting and new equipment check-out
- Assign I/O channels and assist with I/O installation planning
- Work closely with Production, Engineering and Maintenance on reliability issues and productivity improvements.
- OAS (Officer of Automation Security)
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 2 years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment
- PLC (programmable logic controllers) and DCS Historian
- Demonstrated understanding of technical codes (IEE, ANSI, NFPA, and IEC), instrument and electrical specifications, safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to read single line diagrams, loop diagrams, sequence charts and interlock tables
- Experience implementing / leading projects
- Honeywell DCS or Delta V DCS
- HIMA, TriConex, and other control system knowledge
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Controls Engineer II
Requisition ID: 1700133