BASF Storeroom Coordinator in Monaca, Pennsylvania
At BASF, we create chemistrythrough the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success withenvironmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a moresustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, wehelp our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needsof society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging andrewarding work environment and are always working to form the bestteam—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning anddevelopment.
And, we are constantlystriving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by ForbesMagazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on ourjourney to create solutions for a sustainable future!
We havean opportunityfor a Storeroom Coordinator at our Dispersions & Resins manufacturing site in Monaca, PA. As the Storeroom Coordinator, you will receive, store, and issue materials,equipment, and other items from the storeroom. You will keep records andcompile stock reports and will be part of the site’s Maintenance organization.
TheDispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets arange of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersionsworldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings andpaints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives,fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the bestteam to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive productportfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customersbenefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance theirformulations through chemistry.
Forfurther information about the Dispersions & Resins business in NorthAmerica, please visithttp://www.basf.us/dpsolutions
Major responsibilities include …
- Maintainthe system, equipment and facilities for stores and spare partsmanagement.Includes but is not limited to ordering, receiving,dispensing, storing, conducting cycle counts, as well as investment recovery,salvage and cataloging of all materials.
- Optimize and continuallyimprove the stock system (descriptions, max./min. stock volumes,etc) and recommenddisposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Write purchase requisitions for storeroom material and supplies wheninventory quantities are reduced below requirements, maintain necessarycatalogs and parts lists as references when ordering materials. Obtaininformation from operating and maintenance personnel regarding new spare and/orreplacement parts to be ordered,
- Responsiblefor follow-up with suppliers to insure deliveries, mail or tag material asrequired and store same.
- Examineand inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage tosupervisors.
- Issue ordistribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers,based on information from incoming requisitions .
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimumof 5 years of experience in administrative and/or clerical positions ofincreasing responsibility
- Knowledge of storeroom operations
- Previous experience using SAP and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of goods/services receipt and resources for each
- Ability to understand various functions of industrial equipment
- Ability to read prints or drawings
- Knowledge in reading tape measures, micrometers and calipers
- Knowledgeable of various tools and materials utilized by operations and maintenance
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Storeroom Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1700134