BASF Production Manager in Newport, Delaware
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Production Manager to join our Colors & Effects team. BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC, a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Corporation, produces a broad portfolio of colorants and effect pigments in 13 sites globally. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, BASF’s experts offer consultative solutions. Fueled by entrepreneurial spirit, they enable innovation and growth. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects. For more information about Colors & Effects, visit www.colors-effects.basf.com at http://www.colors-effects.basf.com/ .
Production Manager (1700513)
Providing key leadership at the Newport site, you will ensure safe and efficient production of QA, DPP, and Metasheen products according to quality specifications and the production schedule.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Ensure all activities are performed in a safe manner by supporting and adhering to the principles of the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care®, and OSHA regulations to protect the environment, health, safety and security of our employees, contractors, carriers, distributors, visitors, customers and neighbors.
· Lead the Synthesis, Finishing, and Metasheen areas to produce products according to the production schedule by establishing and monitoring targets and KPIs and developing gap closure plans as needed.
· Develop the capabilities of supervisors, operator technicians, and production maintenance coordinators.
· Partner with site leadership team to develop and lead continuous improvement efforts focused on improving safety, quality, reliability, costs and includes creating a sense of urgency in the organization.
· Collaborate with Colors and Effects organization, internal site functions, and corporate functions while ensuring transparency throughout the organization.
C reate Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· BS in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or related scientific field; Six Sigma/Lean training/certification preferred
· Minimum 10 years’ manufacturing experience with at least five years spent in a chemical plant environment and a minimum of 5 years’ management experience
· Demonstrated capabilities to lead, build, and develop individuals and teams.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal plant functions and external organizations.
· Ability to challenge the status quo and drive sustainable improvements.
· Passion for driving Environmental, Health, and Safety excellence and meeting customer needs
· Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Production Manager
Requisition ID: 1700513