BASF Coatings Process Leader - (Volvo Charleston) in North Charleston, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We have an opportunity for a Coatings Process Leader to join our team. Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Coatings Process Leader (1700990) – VW Chattanooga, TN
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Direct and lead the efforts of a BASF Field Service Team at a given customer assembly plant(s) to support the use of existing products in customer’s process and new product/application development and launches.
· Demonstrate leadership in enhancing BASF’s reputation with the customer in the assembly plant.
· Manage key performance indicators within product service environments to drive product improvement initiatives and problem resolution (if needed) that are critical to customer performance expectations.
· Support the BASF Field Service Level Agreement for account, executing the terms and managing all exceptions to the mutual benefit of BASF and the Customer.
· Strictly enforce the compliance to the Assembly Plant Service Process in his plant.
· Maintain productive and profitable customer relations.
· Work with the Field Service Manager and Account Management team to develop long-term product, communication and service strategies.
· Coordinate the efforts of other members of a Technical Service Team with advice and assistance in application of products for their intended use.
· Operate and lead the Technical Service Team’s activity under the BASF Field Service Level Agreement.
· Lead the efforts to optimize the utilization of products, providing additional value to the customer.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor Degree in marketing/business or technical/scientific fields required and 10 years’ internal BASF or equivalent experience in technical, sales, marketing, product engineering, and/or product launch areas.
· Knowledge of coatings, coatings application, performance requirements, and 6-Sigma/SPC programs
· Good interpersonal and basic computer skills, mechanical aptitude, and familiarity with quality systems concepts
Field Technical Sales/Service or the equivalent level in an Operation or Technology Management group with experience in interacting with customers.
Experience in the following:
Leading and training numerous technical/sales/service personnel and projects
Presenting products for customer acceptance
Conducting customer training program for using new BASF or similar products
Resolving key product performance issue at customer’s facility
Played a key role as contributor to the successful introduction of a new product technology in the market.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: SALE - Sales
Title: Coatings Process Leader - (Volvo Charleston)
Location: SC-North Charleston
Requisition ID: 1700990