BASF Sales Representative (Northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas) - Remote Position in Port Allen, Louisiana
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Sales Representative (Northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas)(1601232) – Remote Position
As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for managing both grower and retail accounts in your own territory, meeting BASF specified targets by creating value for the existing customer base and prospecting for new customers with products, services, and/or solutions from BASF.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Implement marketing programs with key retailers
- Create demand for innovative products with key growers
- Develop strong relationships with growers and retailers
- Launch new products into this geography
- Provide customer service for growers and retailers
- Develop and execute strong business plans for results
This position will report directly to the District Sales Manager.
This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Where you'll work…
You'll reside within the territory that consists of Northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas, accessible to a major airport traveling up to 25% of the time. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BA/BS Degree
- 2 years’ sales experience (or successful completion of a BASF Rotational Program)
- Account management experience
- Agricultural experience
- Computer skills, including MS Office, particularly Excel, to generate sales support materials, analyze trends, and fulfill marketing programs
- Willing and able to live and travel throughout the assigned territory of southern Arkansas and northern Louisiana.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;Strong work ethic and self-motivation; Able to manage multiple projects.
- 5 years’ sales experience
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Sales Representative (Northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas) - Remote Position
Location: LA-Port Allen
Requisition ID: 1601232